Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

Valliant Ecotec bolier - different issue now.:(

Hi, I replaced the expansion vessel due to the random pressure issues and the pressure is still creeping up. I disconnected the filling loop as I was hoping it was not closing properly and it wasn't, it was dribbling. I bought a cap, capped it off, set the pressure to 1bar and hoped that would be it.

Later the pressure was down, I thought it might just be settling down so I re pressurized it (reconnecting the filling loop temporarily)

This morning it was down to .3.

Gutted. No leaks anywhere in the house and I could not see any water coming out of the pipe out the back. The pressure had been going up to 2.5 since I replaced the expansion vessel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Valliant Ecotec bolier - different issue now.:(

Hi, I replaced the expansion vessel due to the random pressure issues and the pressure is still creeping up. I disconnected the filling loop as I was hoping it was not closing properly and it wasn't, it was dribbling. I bought a cap, capped it off, set the pressure to 1bar and hoped that would be it.

Later the pressure was down, I thought it might just be settling down so I re pressurized it (reconnecting the filling loop temporarily)

This morning it was down to .3.

Gutted. No leaks anywhere in the house and I could not see any water coming out of the pipe out the back. The pressure had been going up to 2.5 since I replaced the expansion vessel.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

Hi who fitted the expansion vessel?

Hi, Cheers for the reply.

Not me, a friend who is a qualified heating engineer. He usually works on bigger stuff but is qualified and used to do domestic.

After it was replaced everything seemed fine. The pressure was set and the heating and how water ran for a while and everything stayed stable. Previously the pressure was all over the place. Expansion vessel is an original, cost a fortune! The old one was full of water. the filling loop was deffinetly dribbling. Could that have knackered something else by constantly pushing the pressure up above 2 bar. I've been letting water out the radiator.

Edited by neeeeeeeeeek

if you have replaced all the vessel and prv and checked the pipe leading to the expansion vessel is not blocked then you have one of two problems 1, there is a leak on your heating system. 2. you main heat exchanger has pin holed and is leaking down the condensate trap.

MIKE

Met Gas Plumbers Sheffield.

You can get a new A-rated boiler plus 10 years full cover including parts and labour for only £17 a month. Why people struggle on with old inefficient boilers that leave them with high gas bills every month plus massive expense every time they break down is beyond me.

Edited by Happ Hazzard

Hi all,

The timer on my boiler is playing up (not keeping time) Here's a few photos of the innards.

Does that loose wire need to be connected? If so, where to? I can't see anywhere.

Any help appreciated, cheers.

http://i.imgur.com/6pvjkrL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lKrVN7e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Cq70BLF.jpg

EDIT -

It's a Heatline Monza 28 boiler with a mechanical timer. (push the white bits out to set times on/off)

The boiler works fine set permanently on or permanently off but when set to the middle setting (clock) the time is always out after a short time.

Edited by BenWood
more details