Boiler/Heating Megathread - Advice & Recommendations, No Jobs/Quotes/Advertising

I live in a bungalow with a modern combi boiler installed in a small flat roofed utility room with a standard flu protruding just through the outside wall, high up. I am going to have the flat roof replaced with a pitched roof to match the rest of the house. The pitched roof will have a 200 mm overhang. Will the flu be ok still or will it need altering?

Edited by 5iron2

I live in a bungalow with a modern combi boiler installed in a small flat roofed utility room with a standard flu protruding just through the outside wall, high up. I am going to have the flat roof replaced with a pitched roof to match the rest of the house. The pitched roof will have a 200 mm overhang. Will the flu be ok still or will it need altering?

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 16:11 ----------

I have just had one done for £45

What boiler isit?

I've gone an d got myself one of those Nest Thermostats, I'm also looking at doing my bathroom, one of the things I'm looking at is underfloor heating if it's not too expensive. Now ideally I want to have the Nest control the underfloor heating (or at least have it switch on at the same time) but the last quote I had said it'd be a big job as I'd need to route it to the combi boiler with all the piping etc, or I need to go electric for that. If I was doing electric does anyone know if there's anything like a WeMo switch which I could connect using something like IFTTT?

i have a combi boiler heating question

when i got up the room thermostat showed 13 degrees i put it to 15 its taken 3 hours for the room temp to reach 15,the boiler has been on non stop to do this

obv 15 degrees isnt that warm in evening and night so im having to put electric fire on to get warm,

even the radiators arnt that hot to touch its showing 1.6 bar and 43 degree on boiler??

any ideas would be most welcome

thanks in advance

Do you mean thermostat? Its now at 17 degrees and my boiler has been on since 3pm never gonna get to 20 degrees tonight

Been to look at boiler and temp was set at 50 degrees I have adjusted to Max 73 degrees so see if it gets any Warmer thermostat set at 20 degrees still

Edited by bunnykins
added info