Words that you always type wrong?

I don't mean words that you can't spell, but more 'typos'.

If I'm typing quickly on a computer keyboard, the ones I notice the most, almost every time I type them, are 'comapre' instead of compare, and 'ornage' instead of orange, and it really, really bugs me! I know as soon as I've typed it wrong, but have to go back and change it every time!

Anyone else have any repeated typo words that annoy you?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Talker

I don't know why, but I always seem to type the word "Because" as "becasue" grrr! lol

That's interesting - you transposed the "s" and "u" like I did.

I wonder if this is common?

I have been thinking whether the combination of letters is more commonly used (or sued?!) the other way round, and your brain just tells your fingers to type them like that instinctively

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 11:55 ----------

'Construction', and unfortunately that one comes up quite a lot.

Sometimes I make typos that make me laugh, like putting an 's' instead of a 'w' for white.

I always replace the R in Yorkshire with a T :hihi:

I have been thinking whether the combination of letters is more commonly used (or sued?!) the other way round, and your brain just tells your fingers to type them like that instinctively

I often find myself typing longer words with the same beginning as the shorter word I actually intended to type, like 'areas' instead of 'are', I think my brain/fingers go into autopilot and type the longer, more commonly used words.

And I also mistype Yorkshire sometimes in the same way :hihi:

Archived