Advertised car with tax sold with no tax- HELP

I would say a large majority of cars on forecourts come from auction it doesn't mean they are dogs.
Saw another Saturday, and another this lunchtime.

Saturday one was sound enough, but visibly tired (might have been some photo touch-ups relative to the ads, or the photos were taken before it had 10 million test drives), and with a recurrent suspension problem acc. to the bills.

The one today was better than all the others, but on taking out for a spin...tranny was shot (or, well, sounding like it will be in the next few miles).

I don't make it up, fussy. 5 cars (same make/model), all 6 years old, all 60kmiles, all overpriced, all with serious issues - enough to put me off even haggling. I'd had the exact same car (in saloon rather than estate) for 4 years (06 plate, bought nearly new as demonstrator, sold 2 years ago), and knew it very well, so I know when those cars I'm trying are iffy or not.

@OP, good to hear, and good luck with your dealer/case :)

Archived