Do you think society will get better or worse over the coming years?

Simple question (maybe not a simple answer): do you think society will get better or worse in our lifetime?

Are we as a race spontaneously capable of evolving into better people and will it happen any time soon?

So, better times on the horizon or are there some darker times ahead?

I'll tell you why I'm asking when I've had a few answers.

The global population will continue to expand with more and more people starving and suffering, climate change will make it more difficult to feed and water the world, but the lack of food and suffering won’t affect everyone so whether things are better or worse will depend and who you are and where you live.

So better for some, worse for some, and no different for some.

I think it's actually improved during the recession. People don't have any money so they're spending time at home with their families rather than leaving their kids up to their own devices. I have noticed a lot less anti-social behaviour People are a lot less concerned with material things and I think society is the better for it.

But I am concerned about cuts and also immigration. If we carry on ramming more and more people into the country it will probably get worse. We simply don't have the money to maintain public services at the level they are at now for me people. Housing will become more overcrowded and living standards will drop, public services will become more and more overstretched and the standard of service drop.

I think potentially that could make society and awful lot worse. And considering that is probably going to happen I would hazard a guess it's going to get worse.

Based on this society should eventually get better then.

Tory boys , although they will not state it emphatically will think that it will improve society. I personally think it certainly will not. Many are in danger of losing their morals and compassion in pursuit of greed. This can never improve society.

Archived