Could I still get flu despite having had the flu jab?

I am feeling a little bit ill today, it started last night. I had a bit of an upset stomach and then when I went to bed I couldn't get warm at all despite wearing a t-shirt and jumper. I keep getting chills running through my body, even though I have the heating on (and a duvet and fleece), and I feel quite exhausted. The last time I felt this cold I had flu, but I had the flu jab a month ago, so I thought I was safe :suspect:

You could still have all sorts of cold viruses which can make you feel quite atrocious, but which aren't true flu and therefore aren't covered by the flu vaccine.

You could alternatively have a variety of the influenza virus which wasn't included in this year's flu jab.

I don't have the typical cold symptoms like a cough and sore throat. I just feel so tired and shaky, no appetite (although I know I need to eat or I will feel worse and lose weight) and keep getting chills :(

Have you just had the flu jab? If so this could be a reaction to the vaccine, rather than the flu itself. I feel somewhat similar the day after I have a flu jab but it's far far preferable to actually getting flu itself.

As above. People who come into the office and complain they have flu have just got a bad head cold. Real proper flu puts you flat on your back and even walking to the loo is a major expedition requiring porters, oxygen bottles and supply depots.

Archived