Who keeps cardboard boxes?

I was wondering...I see adverts for iPhones and things like that...I personally don't keep the carboard boxes when I buy something...Does anyone else? (someone must)...and if you do...where on earth do you keep them?

Have you ever considered going on Desert Island discs?With your fertile mind the show would be a real storm.

Well Pete,how about a book to read?

Can I take a coupe of phone directories to go with the Shakespear and the Karma Sutra?

And your luxury?

That would have to be a nice pencil-sharpener and a box of Lakeland colours.

I don't, I can't wait to get rid of them, I get USPS boxes from the post office, priority flare rate boxes, no matter what the weight it's all the same price to post, for larger ones I find the FedEx boxes cheap enough.

I used to keep boxes for TVs and large electrical items, just in case anything went wrong with them within a short time after purchase. I used to keep them in the spare room or shed. They come in useful when moving for packing said items.

I have a topical related question - does everyone keep their artificial Christmas tree box? I store all the decorations in it too so I don't lose them :D

I used to keep most boxes from large electrical goods, and some small ones too if I'm honest. They all went in the loft across the beams. We've recently had our loft insulated so they all had to go and I'm determined not to keep any more.

i have loads, flattened, in the attic.

why!!!!!...........

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 17:39 ----------

Have you ever considered going on Desert Island discs?With your fertile mind the show would be a real storm.

Well Pete,how about a book to read?

Can I take a coupe of phone directories to go with the Shakespear and the Karma Sutra?

And your luxury?

That would have to be a nice pencil-sharpener and a box of Lakeland colours.

Yep, I have a fertile imagination. That's why I start threads...and you don't!

why!!!!!

I have sturdy moving boxes flattened and neatly trussed in the attic and spare room, plus the original boxes and packing bits and bobs for various delicate things which might come a cropper if inadequately packed.

It's a pain in the bum to track down and bring home suitably sturdy moving boxes. It's especially vexing if you know you recycled the perfectly fine ones you used to have.

I used to move about a lot so keeping boxes was useful, space willing. Not that I've moved in the last few years, but there's always hope...

Archived