Who keeps cardboard boxes?

My ex used to keep boxes for things, collapsed and in a plastic bag to protect them from getting dusty, in the attic in case the product ever had to go back to the manufacturer for any sort of warranty claim. His iPod boxes were even stored in the safe because he may need them in future.

Unfortunately that applied only to HIS items. My items he set fire to, threw away, gave away, put in a skip to let people take them and, in his pièce de résistance, pulled down all the lath and plaster walls in the attic on top of them without a cover so that they were good for nothing apart from throwing away.

My ex used to keep boxes for things, collapsed and in a plastic bag to protect them from getting dusty, in the attic in case the product ever had to go back to the manufacturer for any sort of warranty claim. His iPod boxes were even stored in the safe because he may need them in future.

Unfortunately that applied only to HIS items. My items he set fire to, threw away, gave away, put in a skip to let people take them and, in his pièce de résistance, pulled down all the lath and plaster walls in the attic on top of them without a cover so that they were good for nothing apart from throwing away.

Oh lordy! Sounds like a scene from a film :(

No wonder he's an ex!!!!

I believe this type of conduct is quite normal where two men cohabit-its a territory thing.Do you keep in touch for old times?

I believe this type of conduct is quite normal where two men cohabit-its a territory thing.Do you keep in touch for old times?

I don't care who thinks that it's appropriate to do this sort of thing. He was the one who was having an affair and all I did was to have the temerity to not stay unconscious when he choked me.

He's no longer in the country and I'm very glad about that and I now ritually throw away boxes for new things just so I'm not like him :)

I sold an empty box, plus paperwork, for an old fishing reel popular with collectors and got £40 for it on eBay.

I recently sold a mint CD player with original box on eBay and got well in excess of £100 more than they usually go for.

So yes, I do keep all the boxes for our expensive items in case I sell them later or to use them to package something else I might sell.

The attic is very useful for this.

If this seems somewhat anal, then what I definitely don't do is wrap my phones and cameras in expensive plastic covers or cases anymore.

Now that IS daft, as I argued here:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=816571

Archived