Cheaper gas fire or radiator

I dont know but I did a 'test' today with my gas. We have the dreaded pre payment meters in for both gas and electric.

Did a test today and worked out it is costing 1p a minute to heat our home on 15o !! 14.10 per 24 hour period.

It is going to be a cold winter in this house at that price !

We used to have gas fire on all day but now have the heating on 20 degrees constant as it takes less than the gas fire did.

We have token meters so I did a comparison and the heating only takes £2-80ish a day while the gas fire was taking over £3 a day.

We used to have gas fire on all day but now have the heating on 20 degrees constant as

it takes less than the gas fire did.

We have token meters so I did a comparison and the heating only takes £2-80ish a day while the gas fire was taking over £3 a day.

2.80 !!!!!! how come mine is 1p a minute!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I'm the same got prepayment meters in our house as old tenant didnt pay bills and spending about 200 a month on gas and electric and hardly ever have heating on

2.80 !!!!!! how come mine is 1p a minute!

Our old boiler used to take 1p a minute aswell, we had a vailant fitted and all radiators were also replaced and the cost has come down.

Also when starting a boiler from cold it does take lots of gas but once upto temp it cost little to maintain the temp.

Our old boiler was a gloworm floorstanding one that they stopped making in 1985!

Archived