How Many Real Teeth Do You Have Left In Your Head?

My mouth is in a bit of a state at the moment. I've lost a couple of molars over the years and the remaining ones seem to have adopted a thoroughly annoying habit of breaking and losing fillings and so on. I think work is in order and I'm waiting for an appointment.

I'm never going to have a 'Hollywood smile' - too much red wine and too many fags have seen to that, but remaining able to eat effectively sounds like a plan to me.

I wish I could say the same. You reckon red wine knackers teeth? I know that smoking does from the fag packet pictures.

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 20:49 ----------

I've got 30, which is as many as I've always had :)

Nearly knocked one of my front ones out, but fortunately it was just chipped so the dentist restored it with a composite filling, and you can't even tell.

I have had 7 fillings so far, and 1 root canal.

When you say a 'root canal' what actually happens? I've heard this is mega painful :(

Which tooth was it? How did it get knocked out :)

It was a front tooth, top. Someone was swinging his bag around on the way home from school and I got hit in the face. I ran home crying and the dentist fixed it that afternoon. I had it capped and/or crowned in my late teens.

It was a front tooth, top. Someone was swinging his bag around on the way home from school and I got hit in the face. I ran home crying and the dentist fixed it that afternoon. I had it capped and/or crowned in my late teens.

When you say capped or crowned what's the difference?

I wish I could say the same. You reckon red wine knackers teeth? I know that smoking does from the fag packet pictures.

---------- Post added 02-12-2012 at 20:49 ----------

When you say a 'root canal' what actually happens? I've heard this is mega painful :(

I think the process is drilling into the tooth and taking out the damaged nerve, cleaning the root canal out (repeatedly) and then they 'pack' it with what looked like a thin cone made of rubber, then refill the tooth.

It didn't really hurt, I only got one twinge when they were poking around deep within the canal. The worst part is having the numbing injection injected under your top lip towards your nose (it was a front tooth), it really stings and makes my eyes water!

I think the process is drilling into the tooth and taking out the damaged nerve, cleaning the root canal out (repeatedly) and then they 'pack' it with what looked like a thin cone made of rubber, then refill the tooth.

It didn't really hurt, I only got one twinge when they were poking around deep within the canal. The worst part is having the numbing injection injected under your top lip towards your nose (it was a front tooth), it really stings and makes my eyes water!

Thanks for that. Christ!! You are brave!! If that was me - gas everytime!! :o

I have one, right at the back of my ead. Both my fronts got knocked out when I went to the aid of a fallen damsel in distress. The rest fell out when The Wreck thru me out the flat window and I landed on a Morris Marina in mustard brown.

How many teeth do you have left? And what happened to the rest?

Somebody of the internet reckons some dentists pull them out just for the cash to fill up the merc.

I know you are lying, you do have teeth

or are you saying this isnt you on your profile picture on facebook :suspect:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xKslHtgoRUA/SX1UdtgSInI/AAAAAAAAAVc/omuqxwjvVvg/s400/toothless.JPG

I have one, right at the back of my ead. Both my fronts got knocked out when I went to the aid of a fallen damsel in distress. The rest fell out when The Wreck thru me out the flat window and I landed on a Morris Marina in mustard brown.

How many teeth do you have left? And what happened to the rest?

Somebody of the internet reckons some dentists pull them out just for the cash to fill up the merc.

.....uh, ALL of them.

Archived