Washer/Dryer recommendations? Longevity!

These days even the premium ones are built to fall to bits within 5 years. What sort of loads you're washing will make a difference and wash times between models can vary wildly. Google job based on your specific circumstances I'm afraid.

Also, don't be tempted to pay a premium for eco-awareness. Artificial intelligence with an environmentalist standpoint is just an expensive gimmick in a machine designed to wash your pants.

Miele, some even come with 10 year guarantees

This is what we're going ot buy when our hotpoint bites the dust. We've already paid enough in repairs, in the last 5 years, to the machine to buy a second one

BTW when our hotpoint works, it works its a shame it falls to bits so easily. Also, there are silly things like the trap is at the back of the machine in a special casing that only a repair man can get to, etc...

Miele, some even come with 10 year guarantees

Yep, mine is now 5 years old and looks like it was delivered yesterday (some sort of coating they put on it).

Works flawlessly and is much quieter than other washers due to its cast iron base.

Another piece of tried and tested Miele quality: other washing machines have a concrete stabiliser to prevent vibration which can crack and hinder stability over time. The weight of the Miele cast iron cradle keeps the washing machine stable, even at high spin speeds. To ensure the smooth and quiet operation, we subject the cast iron support to an endurance test of 25 days continuous spinning.

I love my Miele. :love:

---------- Post added 03-12-2012 at 11:22 ----------

These days even the premium ones are built to fall to bits within 5 years.

Course they are sunshine. :rolleyes:

(I suppose if something made in China is your idea of premium, your expectations must be pretty low.)

There is a guy on the web who gives advice on how to repair simple-ish things on washing machines, he's a washing machine engineer with over 20 years experience, and seem to remember him saying that quite a few service engineers are not familiar with Miele, reason being that they never see them that much, I'd rather ask someone who repairs them than a salesman on relibility etc. I suppose though you are going to see more of the cheaper machines as the'll be more of them around than the premium brands.

Archived