Chamans has a fancy new sign, is he food different?

neeeeeeeeeek

Best generic curries in Sheffield - if you avoided the madras/bhuna/rogan josh stuff. You had to ask for the food 'asian-style' for it to have decent flavour, though.

I thought this place had closed as it was all shuttered up last time I went. I will have to give it a try next week.

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 09:54 ----------

It is now the Lahore i Dehra Grill (or something like that) and looked to be still in the fitting out stage when I walked past on Saturday. I will have to try it after Xmas.

In the meantime, I have had a surprisingly good meal at Kebabish, just down the road. The Chicken Saag (asian-style) was very good but the seekh kebab were not up to Chaman standard.

• 1 month later...

Went to Chaman based on several good recommendations. Food was decent but it's a depressing little place to be sat in - with mirrors on the wall which provide converging views of every vehicle as it goes past. It was a bit like being in some optical illusion.

Went to Chaman based on several good recommendations. Food was decent but it's a depressing little place to be sat in - with mirrors on the wall which provide converging views of every vehicle as it goes past. It was a bit like being in some optical illusion.

Did you sit downstairs in the cafe part or upstairs in the restaurant section?

Not that it matters now because it has changed substantially. As Ne(e)ek says, it is blindingly bright downstairs, so probably not a nice place to sit for a meal. Upstairs may be different - I intend to try it tomorrow night and will report back!

Did you sit downstairs in the cafe part or upstairs in the restaurant section?

Not that it matters now because it has changed substantially. As Ne(e)ek says, it is blindingly bright downstairs, so probably not a nice place to sit for a meal. Upstairs may be different - I intend to try it tomorrow night and will report back!

I was downstairs - didn't realise it has an upstairs tbh. There was no one else in the place when we went - which kind of added to the gloom I suppose. A bit like that place with the funny name at Darnall that a lot of folks on here went on about - Eskyscrotum or summat? I went there and it was the same - nobody in apart from me.

Maybe there's something about me that can cause a place to empty rapidly?:confused:

Archived