Skinnerthorpe road

pigeon

I was gutted to see everything demolished. I was born above the Pet Shop on the corner of Owler Lane, at the top of Skinnerthorpe. Lots of great memories. Such a shame the area isn't what it was.

I'm sure people don't believe me when I tell them how lovely it was around there!

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 23:56 ----------

Oh...and yes Julie Ramsden lived on Rushby street, I was her bridesmaid!

Do any of the following ring any bells....McDowells, Robinsons, Wrigleys, Ropers and not forgetting the Shorts and Winnie (all lived on Skinnerthorpe). And does anyone remember the wierd fella on the bike who use to try and run into folk? He got the nickname Uncle Mad!!

Julie Ramsden lived on Rushby st i think mate

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 23:03 ----------

Some Photos of Skinnerthorpe on Facebook page Pictures of Sheffield old and new. Posted by Luis Arroyo sad pics really

I know that mate next to dentist but knocked about on skinnerthorpe what did they call her mate that lived next door to dave stephenson? two sisters one was called kim! think the other was called joanne

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 14:25 ----------

I was gutted to see everything demolished. I was born above the Pet Shop on the corner of Owler Lane, at the top of Skinnerthorpe. Lots of great memories. Such a shame the area isn't what it was.

I'm sure people don't believe me when I tell them how lovely it was around there!

Do any of the following ring any bells....McDowells, Robinsons, Wrigleys, Ropers and not forgetting the Shorts and Winnie (all lived on Skinnerthorpe). And does anyone remember the wierd fella on the bike who use to try and run into folk? He got the nickname Uncle Mad!!

was that when ju married steve squires? are you conners daughter?

Julie Ramsden lived on Rushby st i think mate

---------- Post added 03-03-2013 at 23:03 ----------

Some Photos of Skinnerthorpe on Facebook page Pictures of Sheffield old and new. Posted by Luis Arroyo sad pics really

Did she have a sister called Elaine ???????????

Did she have a sister called Elaine ???????????

yes an older sister was called Elaine and a brother called scott.

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 14:35 ----------

I know that mate next to dentist but knocked about on skinnerthorpe what did they call her mate that lived next door to dave stephenson? two sisters one was called kim! think the other was called joanne

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 14:25 ----------

was that when ju married steve squires? are you conners daughter?

just recalled the name joanne Hill:huh:

Yes Julie lived on rushby street and had a sister Elaine and a good looking brother john

---------- Post added 06-03-2013 at 20:24 ----------

Still see a few from down there

---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 18:59 ----------

Man mad used to peddle around

What happened to Skinnerthorpe road all gone demolished had many happy hours down there :huh:

The council knocked down all those tiny two-bedroomed terraced houses on Skinnerthorpe and planned to build family-sized three and four-bedroomed homes with drives and gardens in their place.

Unfortunately, they'd only just finished knocking everything down when, er, the recession kicked in and, er, well, there's no money left to build new houses, y' see.

You know, if hundreds of families hadn't been displaced by it all, it might've made quite a funny soap opera:help:

If you mean Christine and Malcolm Robinson I'm married to their son, Dave :D

Archived