Nhs or private dentists-whats the difference?

I'm treated like a human being by my private dentist.

More so as the more you go back the more money they get

I went from private to NHS (root canal price did me in) and I see no difference in the way I'm treated to be perfectly honest with you.

Can get rude NHS AND private dentists, as well as nice ones.

Root canal (with crown)

NHS - £209

Private -£780

NHS - if it needs fixing after you've paid (I.e. my temp filling broke) free

Private - at least £30 every time you go.

I suspect this is what I need on my back teeth (or did, they're too far gone now!) I'd rather have the bleedin things pulled!

The really painful thing about dentists is after they've filled a hole in your tooth, they then proceed to make a hole in your wallet.

Just as a side note: Did you know that of all professions, dentistry has the highest suicide rate! (so I heard).

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 12:54 ----------

I suspect this is what I need on my back teeth (or did, they're too far gone now!) I'd rather have the bleedin things pulled!

Trust me, you wouldn't!!!....No I havn't got false ones. But I do know!

Forgive my ignorance, I'm looking for some advice.

I haven't seen a dentist for many years, infact I'm really scared of dentists. Luckily I don't have a gob full of bad teeth as I take care of them but, what is the difference between an NHS dentist and going private?

Do you still have to pay for a filling and a check up anyway if it's an nhs dentist or not?

I work full time, so would not be entitiled to any free treatment, or is it free if you're at an NHS dentist. I'm really not clued up at all.

The difference is price.I was in a private dentist and one of my fillings need replacing at some point, they wanted £110.I left and waited on the NHS dentist, they will charge me £48 including check up and hygienst.

Archived