Stannington Carol Singing, Tuesdays through December

mossdog

I used to love the traditional carols in the Crown and Glove. Stopped going because of the ignorance of a few, shouting to be heard above the carols & making it impossible for us to join in. They wouldn't go in the other bar & made a real point of carrying on their conversations as loudly as possible. Middle-aged men, too.

After the 2nd year of this I gave up & went to the Black Bull in Ecclesfield where they seem to have better manners.

I used to love the traditional carols in the Crown and Glove. Stopped going because of the ignorance of a few, shouting to be heard above the carols & making it impossible for us to join in. They wouldn't go in the other bar & made a real point of carrying on their conversations as loudly as possible. Middle-aged men, too.

After the 2nd year of this I gave up & went to the Black Bull in Ecclesfield where they seem to have better manners.

All changed now Rosy!......last nights sing was great! with fiddle accompaniment too.

Lots of solos and good quality singing. Good free food also.

You should give it a try next Tuesday,one of the best sings around and I have been to them all!

All changed now Rosy!......last nights sing was great! with fiddle accompaniment too.

Lots of solos and good quality singing. Good free food also.

You should give it a try next Tuesday,one of the best sings around and I have been to them all!

Cheers, Mossdog. We might just do that.

Archived