Accident at Dronfield Sainsbury's on 29/11/12

I agree. The lady is actually trying to blame Sainsburys! Apparently it's their fault that the fence wasn't strong enough to stop her car going through it!

Well she does have a sort of point there. I would expect folks would be a bit more upset had the car ended up in the car park of the new supermarket that they are building down there.

Well she does have a sort of point there. I would expect folks would be a bit more upset had the car ended up in the car park of the new supermarket that they are building down there.

How can she have a point? She is not supposed to knock the fence over due to putting the car in the wrong gear.:(

How can she have a point? She is not supposed to knock the fence over due to putting the car in the wrong gear.:(

Pretty basic health & safety requirements I'm afraid. If someone hitting the wrong gear in a supermarket car park can drive over the edge of a steep embankment and end up on whatever or whoever is below then clearly the barriers/fences are inadequate to protect the public from an accident that could be predicted.

I'm sure H&S are already pointing this out to the management, and I have little doubt that more adequate barriers will soon be in place.

It does not alter the fact that the woman's driving caused the accident, but the management are required to take precautions to ensure that a small accident doesn't turn into a large one that could cost lives.

And if she mounts the pavement and kills a pedestrian on the way home from the supermarket, it is presumably the fault of the council for not making the pavement edgings high enough to stop her mounting them?;)

I see that you clearly have nothing better to do with your life than make stupid comments on a forum. Either that or you are just plain stupid.

I see that you clearly have nothing better to do with your life than make stupid comments on a forum. Either that or you are just plain stupid.

It appears that you cannot recognise what is an obviously very close analogy in the two scenarios. The fact that you cannot see that is an indicator of your lack of intellectual capabilities.:)

It appears that you cannot recognise what is an obviously very close analogy in the two scenarios. The fact that you cannot see that is an indicator of your lack of intellectual capabilities.:)

There is no close analogy in the 2 senarios. It has clearly escaped your notice that a supermarket is a privately run business and therefore required to operate a risk assessment of all parts of its business. The fact that you are unaware of that is an indicator that you don't get out much and probably need help getting dressed in the mornings.

Archived