My coat got torn on a faulty display at asda, what's my rights?

my coat was torn on a cable tie that was used to hold one of their display baskets together( it had been cut off and the edges sliced through the material) wAt are my rights on this ?

None. You were not hurt. Nobody did any deliberate negligence. Nobody has done anything that could cause harm.

Dont be so clumsy in future and keep a look out.

Ever stubbed your toe?, ever bumped your head?, ever broke a cup or plate?, ever dropped any food on your lap or down your top?. Get over it.

To be fair cable ties can be quite dangerous when trimmed, those of us that use them regularly will know this only too well, so luckily a child didn't brush against it as they can cut real deep, for this reason i hope the OP reported it.

As for recompense, i'd say she had a strong case for a new coat, morally.

To be fair cable ties can be quite dangerous when trimmed, those of us that use them regularly will know this only too well, so luckily a child didn't brush against it as they can cut real deep, for this reason i hope the OP reported it.

As for recompense, i'd say she had a strong case for a new coat, morally.

I was at a zoo and caught my new jeans on a thick wire that had been cut so badly that it protruded from the post.

It also cut my leg.

I reported it to the manager as a child could have been badly cut.

They offered, on the spot, the cost of a new pair of jeans.

I sent them the bill £35......almost by return I got a cheque for £70 and a letter thanking me for reporting it.

Archived