My coat got torn on a faulty display at asda, what's my rights?

No it stops you from approaching it in the first place.

One would have to know there was something sharp there, in order to either walk to or walk away from it.

Common sense doesn't give us the magical ability to predict when we are near sharp pieces of plastic, does it?

No it stops you from approaching it in the first place.

"ooh pointy thing, lets rub up against it" :loopy:

Common sense makes you omniscient then? :huh:

Or did you imagine that there was a big sign over it saying "pointy thing here" and the OP then walked into it because his common sense failed?

I would like to update all you peeps, I did report it at the time, I wasn't being clumsy I just didn't expect to have to avoid such a thing that could do so much damage. My coat was expensive and is now wrecked,( I wonder if all the people on here that posted nasty comments own any nice clothes)I wasn't in a park, it wasn't raining in the store either!!

Anyway, I have been fully refunded for my very expensive coat( thank you very much ), I didn't go into the store looking like a hobo and don't expect to leave looking like one either!

The reason this country is buggered is probably because we as a nation just sit back and let others walk all over them and not stand up for what is right.

Thanks for all your comments, even the ones which were not helpfully at all.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE LOSERS, BUT IT IS BETTER TO BE A WINNER ;-),

I would like to update all you peeps, I did report it at the time, I wasn't being clumsy I just didn't expect to have to avoid such a thing that could do so much damage. My coat was expensive and is now wrecked,( I wonder if all the people on here that posted nasty comments own any nice clothes)I wasn't in a park, it wasn't raining in the store either!!

Anyway, I have been fully refunded for my very expensive coat( thank you very much ), I didn't go into the store looking like a hobo and don't expect to leave looking like one either!

The reason this country is buggered is probably because we as a nation just sit back and let others walk all over them and not stand up for what is right.

Thanks for all your comments, even the ones which were not helpfully at all.

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE LOSERS, BUT IT IS BETTER TO BE A WINNER ;-),

Sounds like Martin Luther King on a good day-especially the reference to hobos.

Emily Davison and Rosa Parkes would be proud of your victory!

Archived