Loyalist foolishness

Loyalist foolishness hit new heights last night as a 100 strong mob of them rioted (injuring five police officers) as Belfast council voted that the union flag will now only be flown on fifteen 'special' days of the year.

I've always been a bit suspicious of people who make a fuss about flags, this reinforces that view.

I didn't know the bigots were no longer in control of Belfast City Hall. I think the nationalist/republican majority should fly the Irish tricolour and change the city motto to Tiocfaidh ár lá just to wind up the loyalists.

With the disgraceful performance by the mob last night you'd think they already had.

I've always been a bit suspicious of people who make a fuss about flags, this reinforces that view.

Indeed. Odd for the city council have nothing better to do but debate about flying a flag outside their building.

I'd have thought things like the local economy would be something more worthy of a council chamber discussion.

Loyalist foolishness hit new heights last night as a 100 strong mob of them rioted (injuring five police officers) as Belfast council voted that the union flag will now only be flown on fifteen 'special' days of the year.

Foolish maybe, that's Northern Ireland for ya, I would suggest that little riot is no worse than posessing arms and ammunition or murdering prison officers like the hard line republicans do though eh :suspect:

Archived