Loyalist foolishness

I mean most people that take part in that NY St Pats parade , although they don't have the IRA marching anymore,:roll: the crowd would be clapping or them and had no idea what they were clapping for,....oh I'm Irish, where your from? My great great great great grandmother had a second cousin somwhere in Ireland :loopy:

I remember a guy I used to work with who said he was of Irish descent but it was from far back so he made me understand.

He was an avid IRA supporter and self proclaimed Marxist and when that bomb went off in London that killed several members of the Household Cavalry he came up to me and said

"Y'know the only ones I can feel sorry for are the horses"

I never forgot that remark and years later the day after 9/11 occured I came up to him and said "Welcome to the world of terrorism old pal"

Touche ! :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 18:05 ----------

The plastic Paddy's would sort them out by hitting them over the head with their I.R.A.collecting tins.

I've no time for Orangemen or the IRA. They're all a bunch of stupid ignorant gits

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 18:08 ----------

And they all come from Cork. That's what you hear anytime you ask where the family came from. My wife's from Clare, and when she's told some of them that, they ask if that's in Ireland.

Maybe they got a map of the world out and looked for a country named Clare :D

I remember a guy I used to work with who said he was of Irish descent but it was from far back so he made me understand.

He was an avid IRA supporter and self proclaimed Marxist and when that bomb went off in London that killed several members of the Household Cavalry he came up to me and said

"Y'know the only ones I can feel sorry for are the horses"

I never forgot that remark and years later the day after 9/11 occured I came up to him and said "Welcome to the world of terrorism old pal"

Touche ! :thumbsup:

Well done. I'm sure I wasn't the only person in the UK to think, on hearing about 9/11, "Maybe they'll think twice about donating to the IRA now".

I wouldn't agree with this statement either. If I reject nationalism (and I do) then I also reject Irish Nationalism. There is no reason why the island should be one country, or two, or three, or four. Aslong as they're all sensible enough to allow people to worship as they choose and not to discriminate against each other.

On what basis do you arrive at the conclusion that Ireland should be reunited?

Why would you deny the people of Northern Ireland their basic human right to self determination?

Ireland was partitioned to deny Catholics in the six counties their right to self-determination. There has been anti-Catholic discrimination there ever since. Ireland will be reunited when a majority of the inhabitants of the six counties want it and all the constitutional changes are agreed with Eire. It may take decades but it will happen.

.... as for Celtic you know where to stick em :D

Three divisions above Rangers and into the Champoins League knockouts that would be.

Oh yes great news for ira sympathisers like LeMaquis.

The IRA has disbanded, decomissioned all its weapons and is now an integral part of the peace process. It doesn't exist anymore to support but some people on the British far right can't accept that Irish Republicanism has been the big winner in the peace process.

Ireland was partitioned to deny Catholics in the six counties their right to self-determination. There has been anti-Catholic discrimination there ever since. Ireland will be reunited when a majority of the inhabitants of the six counties want it and all the constitutional changes are agreed with Eire. It may take decades but it will happen.

Three divisions above Rangers and into the Champoins League knockouts that would be.

The IRA has disbanded, decomissioned all its weapons and is now an integral part of the peace process. It doesn't exist anymore to support but some people on the British far right can't accept that Irish Republicanism has been the big winner in the peace process.

So what about those soldiers who were shot while waiting for a take away delivery outside the barracks this year. and the copper that was shot a month ago.

Perhaps some one should have told those murdering swine in the I.R.A. That we have all moved on .

It was partitioned when the whole of Ireland became an independant state, the Irish Free State, but the north of the island not wanting to be ruled by Dublin and not wanting to be part of the Irish Free State, opted out of it.

So what about those soldiers who were shot while waiting for a take away delivery outside the barracks this year. and the copper that was shot a month ago.

Perhaps some one should have told those murdering swine in the I.R.A. That we have all moved on .

They weren't IRA. They're former members who've refused to give up the armed struggle and have set up the Real IRA and Continuity IRA to carry on the attacks. The IRA ceased to exist and is no longer militarily active. Otherwise do you think Ian Paisley would have sat down with Gerry Adams?

It's the Loyalist paramilitaries who are attacking the British state at the moment; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/northernireland/9728237/Second-night-of-Northern-Ireland-riots.html

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 20:32 ----------

It was partitioned when the whole of Ireland became an independant state, the Irish Free State, but the north of the island not wanting to be ruled by Dublin and not wanting to be part of the Irish Free State, opted out of it.

In order to set up a province with a Protestant majority, an orange province. You forgot that bit.

They weren't IRA. They're former members who've refused to give up the armed struggle and have set up the Real IRA and Continuity IRA to carry on the attacks. The IRA ceased to exist and is no longer militarily active. Otherwise do you think Ian Paisley would have sat down with Gerry Adams?

It's the Loyalist paramilitaries who are attacking the British state at the moment; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/northernireland/9728237/Second-night-of-Northern-Ireland-riots.html

In order to set up a province with a Protestant majority, an orange province. You forgot that bit.

Didn't forget, just thought it too obvious to mention.

What do the letters I.R.A. stand for?

Well done. I'm sure I wasn't the only person in the UK to think, on hearing about 9/11, "Maybe they'll think twice about donating to the IRA now".

Obviously I was as distressed as anybody in this country was the day 9/11 happened. I merely found a lot of satisfaction in getting back at an ignorant individual.

He was an isolated case in my part of the world. Southern California is not New York or Boston and there's no significant tie or cultural identity with the Irish or Ireland as is back east nor were assholes from Noraid ever seen collecting funds for the IRA. Anybody here of any ethnicity finds St Patricks Day an excuse for few brews at the local watering hole. There's always the plastic leprechaun which make a brief appearance behind the bar and even the Mexican waitress wears a green shirt for a day :D

Archived