Australia introduces "gore" packaging for cigarettes. Will UK follow suit?

Just one question......If they are all the same type packets and no name on them,If you asked for 20 benson,how would they know one from the other?

No the brand name is still on them, but in small writing at bottom of pack apparently. I really don't think it will stop people smoking but they've got to be seen doing something, and need someone to beat, smokers fit the bill unfortunately.

I think the UK has probably gone a bit too far already in anti-smoking measures on public health grounds, and it's turning vindictive against smokers. (I don't have a horse in this race.)

This will be good for the sale of cigarette cases, I'm sure.

Indeed. And many of the gore pictures we already have, are way OTT.

If they had the same attitude towards drink you could imagine them printing pictures of young women being gang raped and the limp bodies of men who have been beaten to death.

Buy duty free and buy it in an acceptable packet, and then transfer your baccy into a clear bag, or suitable metal case.

Indeed. And many of the gore pictures we already have, are way OTT.

If they had the same attitude towards drink you could imagine them printing pictures of young women being gang raped and the limp bodies of men who have been beaten to death.

We have the tabloids for that!

Archived