Do you work the Night shift....

I used to work shifts at an engineering firm in Dinnington. The worst was going from days (day week ended at 2pm Saturday) to nights (Night week started 10pm Sunday).

Nowadays I sometimes have to start an early the day after I finished a night shift. So for example I finished nights on Sunday 8 AM, then started my next shift on 8 AM on Monday. That was a bit testing.

When I was a trainee I did 6 months through night shifts doing financial checks for overseas offices.

My shifts were 10pm - 6am and I tried to live as normal as I could during that time. I used to finished work at 6am and just potter round like I would on a evening. I would even sometimes go food shopping or do some errands when supermarkets and shops very first opened before going home and having some sort of cooked meal.

I would watch some TV - usually stuff I had recorded from the night before and then try to sleep between around lunchtime through to 6-7pm when I got up and got ready for work.

It seemed to keep my body in normal mode - with exception of the daylight of course.

Only exception was on a Friday/Saturday when I would finish at 6am Saturday, go home and try to sleep straight away so I could get up mid afternoon and have a normal weekend - until early hours sunday morning when I could try to sleep through as much as possible Monday morning ready for my shift again.

Nowadays I sometimes have to start an early the day after I finished a night shift. So for example I finished nights on Sunday 8 AM, then started my next shift on 8 AM on Monday. That was a bit testing.

I used to have to do that - finish night shifts at 8am and then back on mornings at 7am the following day - didn't know if I was on this earth or Fullers tbh :(

I really don't miss the night shift at all.

Edited by Daven