JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

I think they are more concerned about fixing Labours mess than actually wanting to buy votes - that was Labours last party trick after all....

It's amazing. According to the Tories, we are in this mess because of Labour, but we're struggling to get out of it because it's a global problem. Can't have it both ways.

It's amazing. According to the Tories, we are in this mess because of Labour, but we're struggling to get out of it because it's a global problem. Can't have it both ways.
That's a rethorical point to make, Anna, bordering on the puerile.

You know full well that the problem is indeed global, but that it is the extent to which it is affecting the UK that has been amplified as a result of the past administration's policies.

No reasonable poster or commentator has blamed NuLab for the crisis itself, only for failing to heed the (ample/multiple/strident) warnings in good time and adequately prepare the UK for it.

That's the "mess" left behind: over-spending commitments (cynics will say 'to buy votes') without adequate stop positions and clawbacks (i.e. Gvt obliged to uphold them whether the money is there for them or not).

It's common knowledge that it always takes a while and a lot of effort to claw your way out of a unfavourable contract, whether express in writing, or 'social' for that matter.

No, nobody has ever seen this supposed letter and to be honest, the article is from the Telegraph so I'd expect nothing less and it's highly probable that any similar story on the subject is taken from the torygraph article.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 13:05 ----------

That's a rethorical point to make, Anna, bordering on the puerile.

Why is it puerile. Can you expalin why the whole economy has gone backwards since 2010, despite the fact our economy was ahead of France, Germany 2008-2010 and we are now borrowing even more than ever?

No, nobody has ever seen this supposed letter and to be honest, the article is from the Telegraph so I'd expect nothing less and it's highly probable that any similar story on the subject is taken from the torygraph article.

Why is it puerile. Can you expalin why the whole economy has gone backwards since 2010, despite the fact our economy was ahead of France, Germany 2008-2010 and we are now borrowing even more than ever?

You already know why it was growing, it’s been explained to you plenty of times, you are just incapable of getting your head round it, and any further explanation is pointless.

What we need is a growing economy without the growing deficit and debts which we had under labour, GB proved beyond any doubt that even a chimpanzee can make an economy grow by increasing public and personal debt, the trick is to make it grow without the unsustainable debts.

The problem is a global one, and it's not affecting me because I have a good deal of cash and savings.

Perhaps if "Prudence" Brown had done that and not hocked the entire country to the hilt, sold the gold, etc etc just to buy votes then we'd be in a much better situation.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 13:28 ----------

It's also in that right wing bastion, the Grauniad...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/17/liam-byrne-note-successor

and the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8688470.stm

and the man himself admitted to writing it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10194014

All taken from the Telegraph? Hardly. Take that red painted plank out of your eye for a little while and try and see things objectively - if you can?

The problem is a global one, and it's not affecting me because I have a good deal of cash and savings.

Perhaps if "Prudence" Brown had done that and not hocked the entire country to the hilt, sold the gold, etc etc just to buy votes then we'd be in a much better situation.

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 13:28 ----------

It's also in that right wing bastion, the Grauniad...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/17/liam-byrne-note-successor

and the BBC.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8688470.stm

and the man himself admitted to writing it...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10194014

All taken from the Telegraph? Hardly. Take that red painted plank out of your eye for a little while and try and see things objectively - if you can?

Now what did I say?

Why is it puerile?
Can I suggest that you read my post again? It's explained there, in black-and-white pixels.

Can you expalin why the whole economy has gone backwards since 2010, despite the fact our economy was ahead of France, Germany 2008-2010 and we are now borrowing even more than ever?
All substantial economies have gone, and are still going, backwards since 2010. The US has the largest dose of economical cold, and when it sneezes, the rest of world gets on antibiotics.

Some have going faster than others (France being a case in point, Hollande has greased the slope quite nicely in the past 6 months or so).

Ours slower than most, thankfully.

Archived