JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

No, we can't. Because what will happen then is that the entire company will off-shore itself and then it will employ no one and pay no UK tax.

Whilst we might be able to adopt an immigration policy that is somehow better suited, the loss of access to the single market would probably harm our economy more than any benefit we gained though.

I can't really disagree with this.

I don't think there's a timebomb, there's no prediction of benefits suddenly getting much more expensive at some point in the future, which is what that phrase would suggest.

Sorry but I disagree with your view on outsourcing / offshoring. I was Tupe'd over 6 years ago, and my company sets up centre's in the UK and imports Indian labour to staff them. My company is an Indian company and pays no corporation tax in this country anyway. We need to tax any company that imports labour to our shores to such an extent that it makes it finacially unviable to do so; let's call it a visa tax. We need to make these companies employee UK staff. Perhaps we could also setup a call volume tax for those companies who actually use offshore centres, and maybe give a tax discount to those who setup call centres in the UK (with it being based upon the number of UK staff employed).

I don't see us leaving the EU as much of an economic issue as you do. I don't see the Norwegian or Swiss economies struggling any more than some EU states. Let's face it, any organisation that hasn't had it's accounts signed off for the last 18 years needs to be closed.

I see a real benefits timebomb, more obese people claiming DLA (or whatever it's new title will be), more pensioners as people live longer. I see benefits payments rising at faster rates than most wages.

I think we need to make some tough decisions, and we need to make them now.

You'd have to remain careful not to render UK businesses uncompetitive, however. At home or abroad.

It's a much more delicate balancing act than your post suggests (though the Visa-based changes are a good way to go about it, as a slow-burner measure which gives employers time to adapt).

I'm led to believe this is currently being rolled out (to an extent)? :huh:

Agreed. Like I said we can't put this right next week, we need to plan well ahead. Unfortunately most Governments only plan as far as the next election, and are unlikely to take the bold steps needed for fear of losing power.

Already answered in post 98, which you clearly havent read. Take the plank out of your eye and read it.

What are you blathering on about? Why do you always try to protract out an argument going over and over the same points you refuse to accept?

And you still haven't produced any evidence of the letter you claim exists, except from a very dubious story in one paper, which supposed to come from a tory MP, so he would say that anyway, which was stolen by all the other media.

What are you blathering on about? Why do you always try to protract out an argument going over and over the same points you refuse to accept?

And you still haven't produced any evidence of the letter you claim exists, except from a very dubious story in one paper, which supposed to come from a tory MP, so he would say that anyway, which was stolen by all the other media.

I don't. That's your "debating" tactic, and when it fails you run whining to the mods claiming that I'm being argumentative. Aw diddums.

I've given you *ample* evidence in post 98, including from your favourite left wing paper and including quotes from the man who wrote the note, so if you refuse to accept that please remember that it's perfectly reasonable to refuse to accept any reference you make to any published article at all in future.

Now if you don't like that, tough luck. If you don't appreciate me telling you as it is then the report post buttons on the left, a direction I'm sure you cannot forget. If you want to debate the points instead of blathering on about points that make you foolish I'm prepared to listen.

I don't. That's your "debating" tactic, and when it fails you run whining to the mods claiming that I'm being argumentative. Aw diddums.

I've given you *ample* evidence in post 98, including from your favourite left wing paper and including quotes from the man who wrote the note, so if you refuse to accept that please remember that it's perfectly reasonable to refuse to accept any reference you make to any published article at all in future.

Now if you don't like that, tough luck. If you don't appreciate me telling you as it is then the report post buttons on the left, a direction I'm sure you cannot forget. If you want to debate the points instead of blathering on about points that make you foolish I'm prepared to listen.

Let's start at the biginning.

In post 82 I said, what will the tories do in 2015 when they want votes from all the people they've kicked?

In post 85 you said the tories are more concerned with fixing the mess Labour made. You didn't answer the question in post 82 despite reponding to it.

In post 92 I asked you what the Labour mess was.

In post 93 you linked to a dubious article from a notorious tory rag about some supposedly letter than nobody has actually seen.

In post 96 I mentioned that nobody had published such a letter, certainly nobody has seen it, and that the story undoubtedly spread from a single source and that the rightwing press tried to capitalise on the story. i.e. they got their stories from the same dubious source.

In post 98 you tried linking articles of the same story which I had already negated in post 96 by saying all stories were from the same dubious source.

In post 99 I again negated the post you made in 98 via post 96.

In post 101 you tried a put down and asked me to elaborate.

In post 113 I quoted my own post from 96.

In post 127 you replied to 113 by saying I had not read 98 which I found quite ironic.

In post 135 I reminded you that you had not provided any evidence that such a letter ever existed and once referred to 96 i.e. the story of the letter coming from a dubious source.

In post 136 your again tried a put down and attempted to save face on your own argument.

Let's start at the biginning.

let's not, it'll bore people.

In post 93 you linked to a dubious article from a notorious tory rag about some supposedly letter than nobody has actually seen.

Except people have of course seen it...

...that the story undoubtedly spread from a single source and that the rightwing press tried to capitalise on the story. i.e. they got their stories from the same dubious source.

I rather think you have to prove that. Are you saying the Grauniads story came from the same source? If so everything they publish is suspect so don't be referencing them again Mucky.

In post 98 you tried linking articles of the same story which I had already negated in post 96 by saying all stories were from the same dubious source.

You can *say* what you like (and frequently do) but that doesnt make it so.

In post 135 I reminded you that you had not provided any evidence that such a letter ever existed

Apart from a direct quote from the man who wrote it? :loopy:

You still haven't refuted the point being made... Labour spent all the money and left the country bankrupt.

That's why we are having problems.

Eeeh...No. Not anymore.

"The High Income Child Benefit charge will be introduced from 7 January 2013. You may be liable to this new tax charge if you, or your partner, have an individual income of more than £50,000 and one of you gets Child Benefit. It may also apply if someone else receives Child Benefit for a child who lives with you"

wow

but i don't know any family that works and earns more than around 18k pa between them...

- thank you for the link

Archived