JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

You're not living in the real world. It is possible to be poor and to not be able to afford the basics. Benefits are becoming conditional, sanctions are becoming more widely used, claims can take weeks to process.

Sometimes people are left with no money, often through no fault of their own. How do you manage your money if you have none?

YOU control your money. YOU choose where your money goes. Laws state every citizen in this country is entitled to basic handouts even if they are unemployed, physically or mentally disabled, elderly or a child.

Go look at one of the many countries where there is no welfare state. You can't afford food there - tough. You get nothing and starve.

Even the poorest in our society are given monies or assistance. What more can be done. If YOU are not buying food or YOU are not using one of the crisis services offered who else should be to blame?

That is the real world. Do you expect Nanny State to wipe your backside for you too.

In 2012 nobody should be hard up for a loaf of bread. If they are they need their heads bashing.

The UK offers Jobseekers, tax credits, income support, disability benefits, pension credits, state pension, child benefits, crisis loans, heating allowances, furit and milk allowances for children, housing benefits, tax benefits, subsidised or free bus travel, mobility allowances, national healthcare, food banks, homless charities, accommodation and shelter, hostels.

If someone is that poor they cannot afford basic food they need to get their act together and manage their money better. If they are incapable, one of the many taxpayer funded services are there to support them.

BS they cannot afford it. BS selfishness.

I said half a loaf remember ? which equates to around 71p (1% increase for JSA) and you moaned about it saying your pay had not increased in 5 years. I understand where you are coming from though, 1% of your income would be worth much more than 71p and be a useful increase. Genuine Jobseekers are living in poverty out there with very very little chance of getting a job, and you moan about them getting 71p. Maybe the word SELFISHNESS rings a bell now ?, probably not!

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 23:58 ----------

How about we make sure that some benefits are paid on a voucher / card scheme, where the only things that can be bought are essentials.

No ciggies, no booze, no gambling, no Sky TV, no premium brand goods, etc.

Let's provide free public transport for those without work, free educational courses (in the basics English, Maths, etc).

How old are you 150? You need to get with the times !

How about soup kitchens instead of vouchers ?

Get real JSA wouldnt cover 200 fags a week never mind the rest of what you assume jobseekers have the luxury of. Agree with latter part of your post though .

No of course not. I could not give a toss if its a 1p increase or 71p increase. An increase is an increse.

They are getting it for being on benefits when workers who are out their grafting are funding that increase from their taxes. So not, I could not care less if its frozen. About time.

Many workers are living in poverty too but they are not entitled to the additional suport such as Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Crisis Loans, emergency assistance, subsidised travel, allowances that jobseekers are.

My point still stands very clear. EVEYONE CAN AFFORD BASIC FOOD. No excuses.

Many workers are living in poverty too but they are not entitled to the additional suport such as Council Tax, Housing Benefit, Crisis Loans, emergency assistance, subsidised travel, allowances that jobseekers are.

many workers get housing benefit and also are entitled to council tax benefit

and the planned not rise, will affect them too so they will still be working and still in poverty

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 00:05 ----------

No of course not. I could not give a toss if its a 1p increase or 71p increase. An increase is an increse.

so because you don't get one, they shouldn't get one?

did your boss get a pay rise?

YOU control your money. YOU choose where your money goes. Laws state every citizen in this country is entitled to basic handouts even if they are unemployed, physically or mentally disabled, elderly or a child.

Go look at one of the many countries where there is no welfare state. You can't afford food there - tough. You get nothing and starve.

Even the poorest in our society are given monies or assistance. What more can be done. If YOU are not buying food or YOU are not using one of the crisis services offered who else should be to blame?

That is the real world. Do you expect Nanny State to wipe your backside for you too.

Have you got some kind of a problem? That seems like rather a personal post directed at me for some reason. A lot of ranting. Not good for you.

I'm only describing the reality that the system isn't as simple or perfect as you think it is, and the reality that people are failed by it and some end up with no money at all. In fact the sanctions element of it is designed to do exactly that - to strip away or threaten to strip away the basic level of support. You might want to argue that sanctions are always fair. Sadly you'd be wrong. Quite often they're not applied fairly and the conditionality under UC will make the situation even worse.

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 00:11 ----------

They are getting it for being on benefits when workers who are out their grafting are funding that increase from their taxes. So not, I could not care less if its frozen. About time.

Bit in bold - Complete rubbish. They can get housing benefit and council tax benefit. They also can get other credits and benefits as well.

Have you got some kind of a problem? That seems like rather a personal post directed at me for some reason. A lot of ranting. Not good for you.

I'm only describing the reality that the system isn't as simple or perfect as you think it is, and the reality that people are failed by it and some end up with no money at all. In fact the sanctions element of it is designed to do exactly that - to strip away or threaten to strip away the basic level of support. You might want to argue that sanctions are always fair. Sadly you'd be wrong. Quite often they're not applied fairly and the conditionality under UC will make the situation even worse.

Bit in bold - Complete rubbish. They can get housing benefit and council tax benefit. They also can get other credits and benefits as well.

What makes it think its directed to you. Never mentioned you once. Its aimed at people on state handouts who cannot afford food. What do they think their benefits are for? BASIC LIVING COSTS.

Its not rocket science and I nobody will ever convince me that people cannot afford food in modern society. Something is deeply wrong.

And for your information not every worker is entitled to such credits and benefits. You will find that only applies to people under the magic income threshold which I can tell you is not as much as you think.

Its all available on the internet if you choose to look .

Your post yet again reeks of SELFISHNESS and ignorance. Cant you see that if the jobs where there, people wouldnt need benefits What jobseekers need are full time jobs so they can pay their way and perhaps a little less disregard from some of the "Im alright jack" brigade that post on here !

You cannot create jobs out of thin air. Therefore for those unfortunate to be unemployed the state provides welfare to fund someone to support their living costs.

I still dont see why someone on benefits cannot afford food?

They can afford very basic food and thats about it! The first thing that suffers in winter is heating in the home because they cant afford to buy as much as is required or needed ! That is the reality for people on JSA, nothing good or rosy about it. That is why it grates me when people like yourself begrudgingly go on about a 1% increase. Its either SELFISHNESS or IGNORANCE or both in your case.

Workers under 25 don't get housing benefits or any other benefits, unless they also have a child. According to some on here poor people in this country must be starving to death because of lack of money, yet we don’t hear about them.

The universal credits which are to be introduced soon appear to address some of these anomalies and workers will once again be better off than those people that don’t work.

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 07:43 ----------

Your post yet again reeks of SELFISHNESS and ignorance. Cant you see that if the jobs where there, people wouldnt need benefits What jobseekers need are full time jobs so they can pay their way and perhaps a little less disregard from some of the "Im alright jack" brigade that post on here !

There will never be enough jobs for everyone, but on a positive note my daughter’s boyfriend just moved 100 miles to take up a crap job in Rotherham because there were no other unemployed people that wanted it.

Strange that he was the only applicant in a society where millions of people are apparently desperate for a job.

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 07:48 ----------

They can afford very basic food and thats about it! The first thing that suffers in winter is heating in the home because they cant afford to buy as much as is required or needed ! That is the reality for people on JSA, nothing good or rosy about it. That is why it grates me when people like yourself begrudgingly go on about a 1% increase. Its either SELFISHNESS or IGNORANCE or both in your case.

Crap, £25 a week is plenty of money to buy healthy food, and £20 a week keeps my 4 bedroom house warm, and supplies all the hot water and energy I need, it even run a koi pond and keeps the water warm.

Archived