JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

Snap...last pay rise was three and a half years ago..yet I'm paying more tax..good here isn't it?

You income tax threshold has risen - so how are you paying more tax?

Via DUTY and VAT - taxes that affect all of us - including the unemployed?

So these people who are receiving cuts to their benefits deserve this, do they? You dont think they're trying to get a job, then? Do you actually know what job seekers have to do to get benefits now? Those of you who like to sit back & accuse people you don't know of being scroungers and dole cheats ought to lose your jobs and then see how loudly and bravely you can talk.

Have you any idea what the job market is like? How jobs advertised on Jobmatch, Monster, Totaljobs are exactly the same jobs simply advertised through different agencies? Many don't even exist at all but are put out there as the agencies are paid for the number of hits that are made on the sites.

So let's blame the job seekers for not having jobs where jobs don't exist & then penalise them and their families for doing 30 job searches a week to earn money to live on & know that the work isn't out there because we're in recession.

Then have to read the uninformed rubbish that's posted on here.

So these people who are receiving cuts to their benefits deserve this, do they? You dont think they're trying to get a job, then? Do you actually know what job seekers have to do to get benefits now? Those of you who like to sit back & accuse people you don't know of being scroungers and dole cheats ought to lose your jobs and then see how loudly and bravely you can talk.

Have you any idea what the job market is like? How jobs advertised on Jobmatch, Monster, Totaljobs are exactly the same jobs simply advertised through different agencies? Many don't even exist at all but are put out there as the agencies are paid for the number of hits that are made on the sites.

So let's blame the job seekers for not having jobs where jobs don't exist & then penalise them and their families for doing 30 job searches a week to earn money to live on & know that the work isn't out there because we're in recession.

As I see it they are getting a guaranteed raise every year which is more than a lot of people in jobs do...

Nice rant.

I've got every sympathy for those who ARE seeking jobs. I've lost my job through redundancy twice. Still managed to get another job though.

You say Benefits are being cut, I say poppycock, even the OP admits that the least they're going up by is 1%, with some being increased by the rate of inflation.

I know many working people who are struggling to pay bills, and are having to choose between food or heating this winter. They aren't getting a 1% (or rate of inflation) increase in their pay, many of them haven't had one for years. Just remind me the increases given to those on benefits over the past 3 years.

As I see it they are getting a guaranteed raise every year which is more than a lot of people in jobs do...

Benefits were being frozen in real terms, it was not a 'raise'.

The problem with wages is that NMW has been cut in real terms. When it should have been frozen in real terms (i.e. rise with inflation).

So the government have cut minimum wage, and now they are cutting benefits (for workers unfortunate enough to lose their jobs).

So workers should be opposing cuts to benefits and the cuts to minimum wage! And demanding that the minimum wage rise to reserve the cuts!

The government has been forcing rents to rise. Over the past 5 years social rents have risen 26%. Benefits (in line with inflation) have risen 20%, whilst the minimum wage has only risen 8%.

So what we need to do is RAISE NMW, and create some upward pressure on wages. And CUT rents.

We should also limit pension rises to inflation, like we do dole. The pension used to be a lot less than the dole for insured workers, and NI contributions were a third of what they are now. (Back in '31)

Archived