JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

Given that the taxes of the people who work and haven't had a pay rise have to pay for any increase in benefits, I can entirely understand why they would begrudge the poorest, none working people, a 1% pay increase which the working will have to pay for.

I'm not objecting to it, I'm explaining why some people will. I do disagree with MPs getting any pay rise.

What people forget is that 8 out of 10 people who are in receipt of some sort of benefits, are actually working, tax credits etc. So those in work will become even poorer.

Given that the taxes of the people who work and haven't had a pay rise have to pay for any increase in benefits, I can entirely understand why they would begrudge the poorest, none working people, a 1% pay increase which the working will have to pay for.

I'm not objecting to it, I'm explaining why some people will. I do disagree with MPs getting any pay rise.

My missus has a good job and gets a very decent pay she has worked hard to get where she is, she gets payed monthly and she has a to work a full week to pay the tax that they take off her,that is where it gets me mad when you see these big massive company's getting away with not paying their share of tax I'm self employed and the tax man and vat man get their pound of flesh out of me as well,I cant turn to anyone for help no one gives me nothing apart from what I earn it seems its working people like us that have to pay for everything and when you see people in the pub and bookies every day you tent to get a bit resentful.

My missus has a good job and gets a very decent pay she has worked hard to get where she is, she gets payed monthly and she has a to work a full week to pay the tax that they take off her,that is where it gets me mad when you see these big massive company's getting away with not paying their share of tax I'm self employed and the tax man and vat man get their pound of flesh out of me as well,I cant turn to anyone for help no one gives me nothing apart from what I earn it seems its working people like us that have to pay for everything and when you see people in the pub and bookies every day you tent to get a bit resentful.

I paid £1112 in income tax and NI this month. A similar amount to what I pay every month. A similar amount to what I've been paying for a very long time.

The only problem I have with paying it is that if I ever need to call on the state for help if something bad happens to me or my family then the moment I do some idiot will label me a scrounger.

I paid £1112 in income tax and NI this month. A similar amount to what I pay every month. A similar amount to what I've been paying for a very long time.

The only problem I have with paying it is that if I ever need to call on the state for help if something bad happens to me or my family then the moment I do some idiot will label me a scrounger.

I1L2T3 If you ever need to call on the state you will be called a "scrounger" on SF and elsewhwere Im afraid.

That is the mentality of some of the people on here and out there.

They might or dont need these benefits at the moment and think people that are claiming them are swinging the lead! So they are saying "about time something was done about it "

What they dont understand is that the Goverment are loving these people and are taking heed. Slowly but surely they are dismantling Welfare benefits system bit by bit with backing from some idiots on this Forum !

When, or if ever they come to ever need this safety net in future, they might find its no longer available !

Why because they encouraged or wanted the system tightening up to prevent people getting access to it !

I have worked most of my working life (35 years out of 53) and paid (dearly) into the system. Now I need State Benefits I am having much difficulty getting the support I need.

I am disgusted by some posters on here and their negative and mostly unfounded comments and remarks !

One day you people might need assistance and you will find that it as been done away with !

You know what It will serve you right !!! Idiots !!! Divide and conquer ? The Government love you and you are falling for it. Tell me about it.

Archived