JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

Can you imagine what would happen to this country if workers on benefits went on strike?

The country would grind to a halt.

That may well be so but I'd argue that that is a failing with the system and the absurdity of taking money off low earners and giving it back as benefits. Plus the fact that we are subsidising low paying employers. The coalition are right to raise the point at which we start paying income tax (a point that Labour choose to conveniently ignore.)

And none of that takes away from my original point. A reduction in the increase of a handout is not a tax no matter how hysterical Labour get.

Met quite a lot who don't want to - don't need to.

Others who are told they would be much better off on benefits than working. Just experience and fact. that's all.

You are spot on there, I have met many people who are quite happy to stay at home and live on benefits they get into a comfort zone of not working.When I was a manager in retail I had several who came to be interviewed who obviously were only there because they had to be in order to keep their benefits infact one of them admitted it!

Remember that documentary a few years back about imigrants taking all the manual farming jobs think it was in Norfolk,they interviewed some of the young lads leaving the job centre and said one of the farmers was looking for workers would they be interested when they were told it was minimum wage and hard manual work they more or less laughed it off saying they would rather stay doing nothing and claiming benefits,sums it up really.

To be fair particularly now there are also many out there who are desperate for work.

You are spot on there, I have met many people who are quite happy to stay at home and live on benefits they get into a comfort zone of not working.When I was a manager in retail I had several who came to be interviewed who obviously were only there because they had to be in order to keep their benefits infact one of them admitted it!

Remember that documentary a few years back about imigrants taking all the manual farming jobs think it was in Norfolk,they interviewed some of the young lads leaving the job centre and said one of the farmers was looking for workers would they be interested when they were told it was minimum wage and hard manual work they more or less laughed it off saying they would rather stay doing nothing and claiming benefits,sums it up really.

To be fair particularly now there are also many out there who are desperate for work.

Much better citation than me, but nevertheless they are both true.

I agree there are people looking for work, but if you advertise a job for quality people, they are still very difficult find.

Fairly confident wages wont rise much. Anyway benefits need bringing back in line wages.

Hopefully I'll be wrong and wages will rise sensibly and then the difference between being in and out of work will be substantial enough to encourage people to work.

Sorry to stop you in your tracks Ron, but you obviously haven't heard.

There aren't any jobs! ......the ConDems cuts have put a stop to the recovery that they inherited and according to some we are heading for a triple dip recession.....

Sorry to stop you in your tracks Ron, but you obviously haven't heard.

There aren't any jobs! ......the ConDems cuts have put a stop to the recovery that they inherited and according to some we are heading for a triple dip recession.....

There wasn't a recover, there was just a nutter getting the country into more debt to pay the interest on the debts he had already built up.

Archived