JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

1% rise in benefits.

£71 per week becomes £71.71 a 71p rise JSA

£350 p/w with 1% rise becomes 353.50 which equals £3.50 rise a week. average wage

What we should be doing is make bills come down, bus fares down, rail fares down, let people have more money to spend, lower vat on our high street only. Give people more reasons to shop there.

Doing a quick calculation, £350.00pw gross rising by 1% would only equal a rise of £2.38 pw. The other £1.12 would go in tax and NI contributions.

Doing a quick calculation, £350.00pw gross rising by 1% would only equal a rise of £2.38 pw. The other £1.12 would go in tax and NI contributions.

One also as to remember that the rent, council tax, travel to and from work have gone up by more than the workers pay rise, but haven’t gone up for the unemployed.

Doesn't change my experience. Sorry to rain on your parade.

I'm sorry mate but if you think the 800000 additional people now claiming Benefit wanted to work in 2004 but don't now, then I've credited you with far too much intelligence in the past.

It is actually quite repugnant on the Governments part to talk of people in the manner they do. Most of those unemployed want to work and we as a country should be shouting from the rooftops to get the Government to do something about this instead of cutting their benefit through no fault of thier own.

I'm sorry mate but if you think the 800000 additional people now claiming Benefit wanted to work in 2004 but don't now, then I've credited you with far too much intelligence in the past.

It is actually quite repugnant on the Governments part to talk of people in the manner they do. Most of those unemployed want to work and we as a country should be shouting from the rooftops to get the Government to do something about this instead of cutting their benefit through no fault of thier own.

If they all wanted to work why are there so many immigrants here doing the work they could have been doing?

If they all wanted to work why are there so many immigrants here doing the work they could have been doing?

Perhaps employers are better qualified to answer that than me.

I only think that anyone who seems to think that all those people who once worked, now don't want to work has challenging levels of intelligence.

Don't believe the nonsense the govt publish!

Perhaps employers are better qualified to answer that than me.

I only think that anyone who seems to think that all those people who once worked, now don't want to work has challenging levels of intelligence.

Don't believe the nonsense the govt publish!

I think most people that complain about the unemployed are talking about the ones that have never worked and there are plenty of them about.

I think most people that complain about the unemployed are talking about the ones that have never worked and there are plenty of them about.

Sometimes three generations of the same family unemployed. Like father like son like grandson. I feel sorry for them, it must be totally depressing. Anything the tories can do to encourage them into work must be good for everyone.

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 18:45 ----------

There are lies, damned lies and statistics - it's just unravelling the mess that has been made by the previous government.

be interested to know which repugnant phrases the govt has uttered?

---------- Post added 09-01-2013 at 18:46 ----------

Interesting question max

Archived