JSA, Income Support, ESA and Child benefit all to be CUT

And who allowed foreigners to stay in Britain (legally or otherwise) and take jobs which could have been taken by british citizens?

Does anyone have a breakdown of these 340,000 homes as there could be a variety of reasons?

Can anyone tell me the difference beween relative poverty, poverty and absolute poverty?

And who allowed foreigners to stay in Britain (legally or otherwise) and take jobs which could have been taken by british citizens?

Does anyone have a breakdown of these 340,000 homes as there could be a variety of reasons?

Can anyone tell me the difference beween relative poverty, poverty and absolute poverty?

1) Nobody allows them to stay. Until August last year it wasn't illegal to overstay a visa. Employers I would guess.

2) What 340,000 homes, breakdown for what reason?

3) Poverty is relative to the society in which a person lives.

1) Nobody allows them to stay. Until August last year it wasn't illegal to overstay a visa. Employers I would guess.

2) What 340,000 homes, breakdown for what reason?

3) Poverty is relative to the society in which a person lives.

(1) Foreign students, illegal immigarnts for a start.

(2) Some of these could be disabled. There could be other justifiable reasons.

(3) If I live in a 2-bed terraced property and have difficulty making ends meet and most of my neighhours all have detached properties with 2 or 3 cars, am I living in relative poverty?

It's from the Guardian - you can't trust them as it's only a single source.

They were quoting the government's own minister:

But in an answer to a parliamentary question, the work and pensions minister, Esther McVey, estimated that "the uprating measures in 2013-14, 2014-15 and 2015-16 will result in around an extra 200,000 children being deemed by this measure to be in relative income poverty compared to uprating benefits by CPI [consumer price index]".

Even Mumsnet reported these figures and that site is hardly what you might call left of centre.

They were quoting the government's own minister:

Even Mumsnet reported these figures and that site is hardly what you might call left of centre.

Since Mecky doesn't accept the word of a Govt Minister, or anything published in a paper that is not politically acceptable to him I am merely repaying him in his own coinand holding him to his own standards. He needs to provide multiple sources...

Archived