Golf club hire in Sheffield

Hi

There is a Living Social deal for a day's golf at Lees Hall Golf Club in Norton. It sounds like a good deal and fun to try something new.

I have never played golf before, and they do not hire clubs out. Does anyone know where I can hire the clubs from?

Thanks in anticipation

Only a thought but you could give Sheffield Pro Golf on Queens Road a call and see what they could do.

They are a golf shop with loads of sets in stock and might be able to help you out. Their number is 0114 255 1969. Good luck with it!

Hi

There is a Living Social deal for a day's golf at Lees Hall Golf Club in Norton. It sounds like a good deal and fun to try something new.

I have never played golf before, and they do not hire clubs out. Does anyone know where I can hire the clubs from?

Thanks in anticipation

To be honest I doubt if Lees Hall knew you had never played before they would let you on.

Better off going to the 9 hole course at Barborough links I am sure they would accomodate you.

To be honest I doubt if Lees Hall knew you had never played before they would let you on.

Better off going to the 9 hole course at Barborough links I am sure they would accomodate you.

Are they quite strict?

TBH, I just want a new experience, and it seems like a good way to do something different for a day... I'll ring Lees Hall again and check. Presumably they must be doing this offer to get more new members...

I have to agree with skirmisher, if you have never played before then maybe best to start of on 9 hole somewhere.

I played there afew months ago for the first time and its not easiest of courses (well not at my standard anyway).

Last thing you want is to book then have your day spoilt by some snooty members tutting at you when you smash it into the trees and hold them up.

I have to agree with skirmisher, if you have never played before then maybe best to start of on 9 hole somewhere.

I played there afew months ago for the first time and its not easiest of courses (well not at my standard anyway).

Last thing you want is to book then have your day spoilt by some snooty members tutting at you when you smash it into the trees and hold them up.

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping for a new experience and a fun day out! I guess this isn't the one for me.

Thanks for all the replies.

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I was hoping for a new experience and a fun day out! I guess this isn't the one for me.

Thanks for all the replies.

Don't let that put you off. Golfs a quality but very frustrating game. If you want to play get to a public course. I would suggest Concord or Birley if your a beginer however don't think they will lend you clubs unfortunately.

• 5 months later...
Hi

Thanks in anticipation

I think, Golf is very interesting game. Las Colinas Golf is one of my favorite golf club. You can also try this option.

Why not try a driving range first with a few borrowed clubs?

I have played a round of golf with people before who have never played the game before and it is not an enjoyable experience.

Hi Dizzy, I agree with the comments above that an 18 hole course is not the way to go for your first effort...

\however golf is a great game and i'm sure you'll love it, so I would say, get yourself to the pitch and put with a friend...I'd recommend Graves Park (just off Chesterfield Rd) as its not too big and its a fun course or Rother Valley pitch and putt.

If you need some clubs, I have some old ones gathering dust with a bag that you can have free of charge as I was going to throw them out.

Archived