Libellous taxi leaflet?

Id rather catch a taxi in a area with different rules and save 1/3 to 1/2 on the price of the fare, imagine how much buying new and likely mechanically inferior car is costing the driver and think how this must affect what they need to charge to make a profit. Its not the age of the car that makes a taxi journey safe its the driver.

Mechanically inferior? Because new cars are well known for not meeting euro NCAP standards and breaking down all the time. Think about your comfort as well, old cars are often less comfortable.

I've used cabs in cities before with a maximum age limit on cabs, and the experience is generally more pleasant.

Mechanically inferior? Because new cars are well known for not meeting euro NCAP standards and breaking down all the time. .

A colleague of mine has a new car. It's 8 months old and has done 8500 miles.

It broke down earlier in the week and had to be towed to the dealer.

The fault? They claimed the diesel had frozen. It was briefly -3c.

New cars may give you a nice comfortable feeling that its covered by a warranty, but in reality you're the long term test guinea pig for all the faults that occur off the test tracks and cured in the Mk2 model.

A colleague of mine has a new car. It's 8 months old and has done 8500 miles.

It broke down earlier in the week and had to be towed to the dealer.

The fault? They claimed the diesel had frozen. It was briefly -3c.

New cars may give you a nice comfortable feeling that its covered by a warranty, but in reality you're the long term test guinea pig for all the faults that occur off the test tracks and cured in the Mk2 model.

Are you seriously claiming that old cars are more reliable than new ones because of a single anecdote?

Are you seriously claiming that old cars are more reliable than new ones because of a single anecdote?

Nope, but I've seen quite a lot of new cars exhibiting faults after six months, particularly on the first release of a new model.

But its no different to you claiming that IE8 is rubbish for all websites just because of your single anecdote that you can't get it to render on that other thread.

Firstly, I didn't claim it was rubbish for anything. I claimed it was rubbish.

Secondly I didn't base my comment on a single anecdote at all. My analysis of 'rubbish' is based on it's well documented broken javascript and css interpreters. It looks like you failed to understand or follow the thread in question.

Back on this topic, do you agree then that old cars are less reliable than new cars, statistically speaking?

---------- Post added 07-12-2012 at 11:13 ----------

Ok please enlighten me as I cannot see any reason why?

See post #28.

The leaflet is informative and makes people think twice about using any taxi.

If the leaflet is libillous, it's up to the appropriate taxi company to take action against those responsible, for printing it. Some people on here are claiming its fraud. (I think that issue needs to be discussed by proper solicitors not back street lawyers )

Archived