Max Clifford arrested for alleged sexual offences.

He is a man i didn't used to like,until i saw him being interviewed on TV talking about his recovery from prostrate cancer,his wife's death a few years ago and his daughter's disability. During the interview he got quite emotional.

Anyway we musn't discuss the case, for reasons Pete mentioned, innocent until proved guilty.

It beggers the question, is the perceived knowledge that most sexual abuse is by a family member or friend now debunked ???

Historical abuse from people in the media and entertainment (and a particularly nasty teacher recently) is coming out almost daily. Are we a nation of child abusers ?

It beggers the question, is the perceived knowledge that most sexual abuse is by a family member or friend now debunked ???

Historical abuse from people in the media and entertainment (and a particularly nasty teacher recently) is coming out almost daily. Are we a nation of child abusers ?

no and definitely not. Put your tin foil hat back on!

The statistics are tiny (still far too high-but tiny). Most people in the media and within their families do not abuse people.

We seem to be a nation of keeping our gobs shut for a long time.

We seem to be a nation of keeping our gobs shut for a long time.

i think that is a pertinent point

irrespective of whether or not mr clifford is guilty of anything, in most of the recent cases, the alleged offences happened a long time ago

i think the question should be, what is it that stops people coming forward to report it at the time?

i am aware that in some cases people did come forward at the time but were either ignored or their claims were not adequately investigated, but i would hope that, if nothing else, the relevant authorities involved in child care/protection look at the systems and procedures and do whatever they can to encourage any victims of abuse to report it as soon as possible and support them through the process

hopefully the recent spate of cases being reported and investigated will encourage other victims that they will be listened to