Will You Donate Presents To People On Benefits This Xmas?

Asda and other supermarkets are collecting gifts for children who may otherwise get nothing. Children aren't able to 'get a job' nor are they responsible for families' financial situation or spending choices, so yes, I'm happy to donate a present or two for them.

Christmas is meant to be the season of goodwill, and I know my grandchildren don't want for anything, so a little bit of something for one or two less fortunate children is on my Christmas pressie list.

Absolutely - we've already started donating to a foodbank and the kids pressies will come next.

At Christmas I will thankfully have a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food in my belly not to mention family around me. Not everyone is so fortunate and the least I can do to acknowledge the fact is give a little to the food banks and the toy appeals.

I gave to the co-op food bank appeal and also am going to give a present to the Hallam toys appeal. I suspect that many of the people getting this assistance will be working people, particularly families where one parent has lost their job. I live in terror of that happening to my family, the benefits they give you just don't make up for the shortfall in the other salary if one of you is still working.

But there have been people born into millions that make druggies of themselves look at Geldof.

Sure it's an advantage but you've still got to put the effort in, he wasn't handed the premiership on a plate, just like people don't hand out jobs on a plate.

I say it time and again when people complain they can't get a job, at our place there's always jobs on the notice board and they're there for weeks, people just don't want them, a cushty job in a shop. People used to work down the pits and complain less than the doleys do.

Whats the address of your place pm me pls

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 16:35 ----------

I was brought up by a single dad who wasnt always in work and i often had holes in my shoes and so did my dad.when he gave me a christmas present he would encourage me to take it to the hospital , for other kids enjoyment, once i was fed up with it which i did. some people on here are so cheap and nasty and tight:mad:

But there have been people born into millions that make druggies of themselves look at Geldof.

Sure it's an advantage but you've still got to put the effort in, he wasn't handed the premiership on a plate, just like people don't hand out jobs on a plate.

I say it time and again when people complain they can't get a job, at our place there's always jobs on the notice board and they're there for weeks, people just don't want them, a cushty job in a shop. People used to work down the pits and complain less than the doleys do.

Why bring up JKR Tolkein?Geldorf was a creation of fiction and hardly can be used to represent a role model for the unemployed.If he took drugs it was with the consent of the author.Where do you work,Pizza Cake?

---------- Post added 08-12-2012 at 17:37 ----------

Well clearly you've never been to university if you believe that you don't have to graft to graduate from Oxford University.

Have you been there as you seem highly educated.My son is at Jesus and is reading Greek Mythology and Existentialist Philosophy,but he hopes to work as a comedian.

I would donate to children who are ill in hospital. Some people who are on benefits say they can't afford presents for their children but often smoke and drink. If they didn't they could afford presents.

Perhaps, but it's not the fault of the kids if their parents can't or don't choose to spend money on them. Hence, I've already bought a couple of gifts for young children for the Asda appeal.