Will You Donate Presents To People On Benefits This Xmas?

One of the staff at South Yorkshire Housing Association collects gifts for Xmas presents to distribute to needy children. I've bought a couple of gorgeous teddy bears for the collection, and will be dropping them off next week.

Even though I don't "do" Xmas, myself, I don't see why deprived kiddies should go without at this time of year.

I would donate to children who are ill in hospital. Some people who are on benefits say they can't afford presents for their children but often smoke and drink. If they didn't they could afford presents.

Here we go with the old "smoke and drink" routine. In what way does your solution help children? Being ill in hospital isn't synonymous with being poor btw, so why would you want to donate to a rich ill kid unless you can somehow give them back their health.

One of the staff at South Yorkshire Housing Association collects gifts for Xmas presents to distribute to needy children. I've bought a couple of gorgeous teddy bears for the collection, and will be dropping them off next week.

Even though I don't "do" Xmas, myself, I don't see why deprived kiddies should go without at this time of year.

You really are a treasure.:)

I would donate to children who are ill in hospital. Some people who are on benefits say they can't afford presents for their children but often smoke and drink. If they didn't they could afford presents.

So, would you donate to people on benefits who do not smoke and drink?

So, would you donate to people on benefits who do not smoke and drink?

Probably not but donating to "ill" people somehow makes people feel all warm and cosy. They can also stand on a very lofty box too while ranting about fags n beer..

A little empathy towards those that are less fortunate than you across the board is all it takes. It really is no more simple than that.

Probably not but donating to "ill" people somehow makes people feel all warm and cosy. They can also stand on a very lofty box too while ranting about fags n beer..

A little empathy towards those that are less fortunate than you across the board is all it takes. It really is no more simple than that.

Absolutely right.

I will be making my usual xmas contribition on top of my monthly donation to the Matènwa Community Center School in Haiti. They teach in Haitian Creole instead of the goverment ordained French that only 5% of the population speak.

Last year, another forum that I am a member of raised $115,000 for them. That buys a lot of stuff in Haiti.

This year's thread is here if you want to read it.

Or you can just donate here You can use the dropdown button to make sure that Matènwa gets your donation.The kids will absolutely love you for it.

Archived