Whats frankie n bennys like

jamesey

Wasn't impressed with prezzo- the made to order in open plan kitchen is just an illusion as if you watch them they're not actually cooking, just placing things in microwave ovens.

Only thing they cook fresh are the pizzas, which aren't actually that bad and if you go with Tesco vouchers it's free anyway. Everything else is pre made and just warmed up.

Went to the one on Eccey Rd, it was awful. Had the burger and they have changed it. Had it not been for the the vouchers I wouldn't have paid for it.

Expensive but edible ready meals.

I once ordered a pizza from their speciality section which was supposed to come finished with rocket.

When it arrived it had shredded iceberg lettuce on top. It turned out they had run out of rocket and thought iceberg would be a suitable replacement. That is how much their staff know about food / cooking

I used to go to F&B's all the time but having four seperate incidents in four different branches has now put me off for life:

1) Meadowhall. Was served main courses about 2 minutes after receiving starters - can't have taken more than a mouthful. Had to therefore finish starters whilst mains cooled on the table, and when i cut into my lasagne it was still frozen in the middle. Not even an apology.

2) Bury the Rock. Ordered a lemonade, and when it came, had bits of dirty napkin in it (like large, rag sized pieces that were black). Again, no apologies.

3) Manchester Airport. Ordered Calzone, still frozen in the middle - full of chicken etc as well. Didn't fancy food poisoning on holiday! Waitress, in her defence, was horrified and brought me a steak ciabatta instead free of charge.

4) Rochdale. Found 2 sticker things in my salad and a bit of tinfoil -however they did let me have it for free and also gave me 2 cocktails for free so this was the only time i felt the situation was rectified properly.

So whilst its 50/50 how they deal with it, the food itself is just no good any more IMHO. Wouldn't go again unless there was nowhere else!

I noted Number 1) your food still frozen. I had the same thing happen at Meadowhall with my Calzoni , obviously they had miss timed the microwave settings !!..... the manager did not seem that bothered when I brought it to their attetion, he was so kind in saying I would not have to pay for my main and he would take it back in to the kitchen personally to warm it up ! I politly declined his offer as I had gone off the idea then.... anyway I would never recommend F & B to anyone after that rubbish we were served, never been back or never will thanks very much.....:(

Archived