Time to let unemployed volunteer for workfare for thyself and tax them @50%

I wasn't and valuing honesty doesn't pay the bills or help the economy like cash in hand does, and was just stating that those who are intellectually challenged grasped it in the end.

you can't help yourself can you. lol

Everything we do as individuals contributes to the zeitgeist-A bigger theory, and one I guess you don't subscribe too-I will assume that one with your mighty intellect and ethical standing would understand.

• 1 month later...

One word for the op - Prat - Don't you think those that are claiming have enough to put up with, without every tom dick and harry having a go at them, Stop being brain washed by the tabloid press, and think for yourself. Yes there are some shirkers on the dole, but I'll bet you a pound to a pinch of snuff you know more shirkers at work than you will ever meet on the streets.

you can't help yourself can you. lol

Everything we do as individuals contributes to the zeitgeist-A bigger theory, and one I guess you don't subscribe too-I will assume that one with your mighty intellect and ethical standing would understand.

Understanding human conformity and leadership and how this is linked to economics is great, but the zeitgeist movement to me just seems like another student conspiracy theory, and they do need some realism, however i do not dismiss its ethics or ideologies .

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 01:40 ----------

Maybe if companies had to pay their workers, this might be a good idea. POUNDLAND should not be allowed to use SLAVES.

Not saying i agree with the WP or Pondlands ethics, however there is still a cost in taking on slaves, and if more people was prepared to boycott these big corps or take them on in the courts like that student bird did then they would have to change their practices.

IMO there ought to be genuine training opportunities, where people get paid, although a real wage would put the rest of their benefits at risk and mean that they'd have to claim all over again. However, reasonably generous travel and refreshment expenses should be a given, plus an award of a sum of money if they successfully complete the three weeks or month or whatever.

An individual who did well would have proof to put on their CV, and probably a reference. Lets remember, this should all be about genuinely getting people who haven't worked for a long time work ready. It shouldn't be about giving free labour to any large company.

IMO there ought to be genuine training opportunities, where people get paid, although a real wage would put the rest of their benefits at risk and mean that they'd have to claim all over again. However, reasonably generous travel and refreshment expenses should be a given, plus an award of a sum of money if they successfully complete the three weeks or month or whatever.

An individual who did well would have proof to put on their CV, and probably a reference. Lets remember, this should all be about genuinely getting people who haven't worked for a long time work ready. It shouldn't be about giving free labour to any large company.

Can you clarify..Are you saying thay should be paid,get travel and meal expenses and also get a "bonus" if they complete the month or so?

Can you clarify..Are you saying thay should be paid,get travel and meal expenses and also get a "bonus" if they complete the month or so?

No sorry, I thought my post was fairly clear. I'm saying they should get their normal benefits, plus travel/food expenses whilst training. Paying someone wages for a short time could seriously affect their benefits and if they had no job after the training period they'd have to apply all over again. As that is one of the problems that face people who take temporary jobs, it wouldn't be helpful.

However, if someone had put in the necessary effort, and had successfully completed the training, then why not offer a cash incentive that shouldn't affect their benefits. I remember my son got £50 years ago for doing an NVQ! After university he took a basic clerk's job rather after being unemployed for a while, and although he'd got a decent degree the company wanted all the staff to pass an NVQ in customer service. I don't know if that NVQ helped him further his career, but I believe no learning is wasted.

Understanding human conformity and leadership and how this is linked to economics is great, but the zeitgeist movement to me just seems like another student conspiracy theory, and they do need some realism, however i do not dismiss its ethics or ideologies .

---------- Post added 14-02-2013 at 01:40 ----------

no I'd say that you don't 'get it'....ah well

Not saying i agree with the WP or Pondlands ethics, however there is still a cost in taking on slaves, and if more people was prepared to boycott these big corps or take them on in the courts like that student bird did then they would have to change their practices.

..................student bird...............what decade is this???

Archived