How much a week for a single person to eat reasonably healthy?

Stepping away from traditional English butchers/Big supermarkets and going to Asian/halal stores would cut your chicken bill almost in half ! I woudnt go anywhere else after shopping at my local shop. Chicken breasts at £4.50kg and a full medium chicken for £3.50. And i am talking about fresh meat (very fresh) and not pumped full of water. The taste difference is astounding ! Considering my local butcher is charging £7.85 kg for so called fresh chicken breasts its a no brainer. A little off topic but just a thought for people on a tight budget who want to eat healthy with a little quality attached to it.

Lunch today was pasta with tuna, cucumber and sweetcorn.

That would have cost about 80p maximum add 5p for the cuppa.

So far today I seem to have eaten my way through £1.20

Looks like I can have some tea now :)

Im 6 foot five and 17 stone I could not live on a bit of pasta and cucumber Id die of starvation.:shocked:

You can buy a whole chicken for £3- thats 4 or 5 dinners for one person.

when i go to nandos i have half chicken med spice so how can you make a chicken for 5 dinners? do you eat one piece of chicken in KFC?

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 20:33 ----------

Im 6 foot five and 17 stone I could not live on a bit of pasta and cucumber Id die of starvation.:shocked:

At 17st, it will take you a good few months before you die of stravation mate

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 20:34 ----------

What about a lot of pasta? :hihi:

I eat quite a lot of pasta, its really cheap, you can get a 500g bag from Asda for 25p.

its call eating healthy, i doubt man made paste can be consider to be a good balance meal

Sorry but eating meat is not animal cruelty, they are part of our food chain, never seen a healthy looking vegetarian yet. Its how you eat it, moderation in everything is healthy way of eating also.

Sorry but there is nothing reasonable about eating battery farmed chicken as its just blatant cruelty and has no nutritional value for humans, so how is it reasonable healthy?

Sorry but there is nothing reasonable about eating battery farmed chicken as its just blatant cruelty

Agreed

and has no nutritional value for humans,

Now you are talking utter rubbish. It's protein, it's white meat and it delivers that protein easily in a well digestible form, if you can stomach it.

Archived