How much a week for a single person to eat reasonably healthy?

A proper balance diet for big bloke me is completely impossible to do for £20 a week maybe £20 a day and that is just normal food, I don't like a lot of meat but it is nice to have a big juicy stake egg and chips every now and again why denie yourself,why people only want to eat vegetables beats me we are supposed to be omnivorous after all not rabbits,I hate slop scoffing my body needs good food to run properly I cant concentrate when my belly's rumbling.

A proper balance diet for big bloke me is completely impossible to do for £20 a week maybe £20 a day and that is just normal food, I don't like a lot of meat but it is nice to have a big juicy stake egg and chips every now and again why denie yourself,why people only want to eat vegetables beats me we are supposed to be omnivorous after all not rabbits,I hate slop scoffing my body needs good food to run properly I cant concentrate when my belly's rumbling.

You need £600 a month on food alone then do you? :roll:

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 06:48 ----------

when i go to nandos i have half chicken med spice so how can you make a chicken for 5 dinners? do you eat one piece of chicken in KFC?

So do I, but if I buy a cooked chicken, it easily feeds 2 of us twice, and quite often there's some for sandwiches still after that.

Pasta is made of egg and wheat, it's no more 'man made' than bread.

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 06:51 ----------

550 calories is enough for 30 minute bike ride? How can it be healthy

What do you think that healthy means?

It's not simply a measure of calories, so why the 500 calories for several slices of toast and marmalade would make it unhealthy I don't know.

You don't need protein with breakfast, you mainly want carbs, as you say, it's the first meal of the day, you often haven't eaten for 14 hours at that point, so you need some complex carbs that will provide energy to lunchtime.

Uh huh. And eating that every day would be healthy?

If everything was grilled or cooked using fry lite it could be a healthy meal, maybe not everyday though as variety is important plus you'd probably just get really bored and go and gorge on something unhealthy.

Tea last night was pork fillet chops (on offer in Spar) new potatoes and diverse veg from the freezer - that probably cost about £2.

Thats £3.20 for Monday, though admittedly I wasnt very hungry yesterday.

Breakfast today was bacon, mushrooms, scrambled eggs and tomatoes with toast. Cost about £1.20

Archived