Sir Patrick Moore has died

Sir Patrick said in an interview last year: 'I’m near the end of my life now.

'It doesn’t worry me. I don’t think it ends here, you see. If it did, the entire thing would be pointless, but the universe is not pointless. No, this isn’t the end. We go on to the next stage. I shall be interested to see what it is.'

'Who knows? It might be somewhere I can learn to bat decently.:hihi:

sadly eccentrics like patrick are thin on the ground now in the uk,

I agree with his belief that " life is just a stepping stone " to another stage

I once met him at a house I was working at on Westbourne Road he was very interested in all the building work and kept trying to join in .

He was as daft as a brush and had us all in stitches.

I once met him at a house I was working at on Westbourne Road he was very interested in all the building work and kept trying to join in .

He was as daft as a brush and had us all in stitches.

I remember seeing him in a book shop on tottenham court road one rainy night in the 70's ,he bought about 10 books in 10 minutes .

he didn,t seem to have a problem with being recognized people were coming up to him asking him all sorts ,he just spoke to them like they were long lost friends:

he always seemed to me like an adult who was at is happiest being a schoolboy:hihi:

Sir Patrick said in an interview last year: 'I’m near the end of my life now.

'It doesn’t worry me. I don’t think it ends here, you see. If it did, the entire thing would be pointless, but the universe is not pointless. No, this isn’t the end. We go on to the next stage. I shall be interested to see what it is.'

What a refreshingly honest comment; what a genius he was, too.

Archived