Expedia.co.uk, has anyone used them?

I got a flyer for Expedia today and went on the site, is it really that easy to book your holiday with them?

I played around with a few combonation holidays that were quite tasty and got me tempted to book for my winter hols.

But I left it and thought I would check out if anyone else has used them, if you have what was your experience of Expedia?

They are not that good. I've used Lastminute.com a few times (generally ok) but you are best splitting your holiday by provider. When I went to Dublin last year, we did our flights with Ryanair (£22 return) and got all our rooms from LateRooms.com - we saved a fortune on what Expedia, LastMinute and others were offering as a package.

Really?

I had my first doubts when out of curiosity I decided to go through the selection process to the payment stage, every holiday I chose it added another £120 with a message "the price of this package has changed" even though I was booking for off peak dates at leat 6 months in advance before I wanted to go.

My problem is I like to book really early and pay it off so I can get as much time to save spending money.

I should think they are ok.

I have used Lastminute to book London hotels before and have got some real bargains.

Also, I booked my holiday to Tenerife with Mytravel last year, but I did it over the phone and got it for 300 quid cheaper than the price they had on the website! So it's always worth trying to get some knocked off. Tell them your budget is lower than it actually is ;)

Archived