Crookesmoore School friends in the '60's

rosenick10

I moved to the US in 1966 when I was 10 and left behind my schoolmates. We were good pen pals for a while and then lost touch. I remember Pamela Wait and Margaret Ward across the tip (is it still there) I lived on Harcourt Road. I haven't been back but want to give it a try. Would be nice to see old friends.

Back then my last name was Nahorniak.

Anyone there from the 1955 birthday class?

I went to Crookesmoor from 1951-1959.

The " Tip " is now called "The Ponderosa" and is nothing like you will remember it. I lived on Bromley St. (ran at the side of the tip ) until 1966.

I believe the school is now a tertiary college . I don't think you would find many of your old friends around there now.

deecee

I went from1954 to 1961 had a few good times, plenty of good mates tried to contact a few no replies. Think two lads Keith Skelton (he is traveling the world now) and Philip Conway (he did ballroom dancing)lived on Harcourt Road.:help:

Originally posted by docmel

Desy

Did Phillip Conway have a sister with blonde hair?

Hiya Docmel, Philip has a Brother called Geoff and they lived on Barber Road, their Dad was a driver for the national blood transfusion. I think he used to drive the bus around the firms so that the workers could give blood. I don't recal him having a sister though.

deecee

Yes I agree Phillip had a bro called Geoff, don't know about a sister.

Here are a few more names :

Brian & Leslie Naylor

Catherineb Idell

Donald & Tony wilson

Diane Wragg - father was caretaker (think she is blind now)

Michael Ratley

Leonard & Anne Kirk

Gillian Bullas

Sharon & Kevin Walker

Trevor, Susan & Linda Dawson

Paul Lake

Jonny Coggin (Johnny Kalender (club Turn))

Neville Wright (WPUK)

Charlie Goddard

Irene Archer

Peter & Paul Metcalfe

Cheryl Goldthorpe

Desy

Peter and Paul Metcalfe - they had a younger brother called Timothy - I was in the same class as him at Crookesmoor..

They also had a cousin, Andrew Jackson, but not sure if he went to Crookesmoor

People I remember at Crookesmoor

Alan Garton

Andrew Winkley

John Taylor

Rodney Taylor

Vicki Wildgoose

Raymond Pridmore

Joan Wing

Paul Dealtry

Originally posted by deecee

Hiya Docmel, Philip has a Brother called Geoff and they lived on Barber Road, their Dad was a driver for the national blood transfusion. I think he used to drive the bus around the firms so that the workers could give blood. I don't recal him having a sister though.

deecee

Ok - Its just that I remember a brother and sister who lived on Harcourt Road - both went to Crookesmoor School - first girl I remember having a crush on - one day at dinner she sat on the same table as me - I was so nervous I spilled a bowl of treacle sponge and custard all over her white cardigan - I always knew how to charm the ladies!! - goes down alongside "you dont sweat much for a big lass, do you?" as one of the great pick ups.

Archived