Can we trust William Hague/ US intelligence?

I think they should offer Assad a way out otherwise Assad and the rest of the Alawites face extermination so to expect him to do as he is told is a bit daft.

We only have to look at Egypt or Libya to see what arab springs lead to and to be honest with you killing the FSA who are trying to kill you is not the same as killing inoccent civilians.

It is a civil war, just because Assad is unpopular doesn't mean he deserves to die and the FSA well just google FSA atrociaties and you will learn more.

I don't want chemical weapons to be used.

I think his best way out is in a wooden box or facing trial as a war criminal at the Hague

I think his best way out is in a wooden box or facing trial as a war criminal at the Hague

That's because you have soaked up the anti Assad propaganda like a sponge.

There's a good article here from earlier in the year-

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda

"Most Syrians back President Assad, but you'd never know from western media"

"When coverage of an unfolding drama ceases to be fair and turns into a propaganda weapon, inconvenient facts get suppressed. So it is with the results of a recent YouGov Siraj poll on Syria commissioned by The Doha Debates, funded by the Qatar Foundation. Qatar's royal family has taken one of the most hawkish lines against Assad – the emir has just called for Arab troops to intervene – so it was good that The Doha Debates published the poll on its website. The pity is that it was ignored by almost all media outlets in every western country whose government has called for Assad to go."

"The key finding was that while most Arabs outside Syria feel the president should resign, attitudes in the country are different. Some 55% of Syrians want Assad to stay, "

....I bet you'd struggle to find such a percentage that wanted our government to stay in power.

Perhaps he's not as bad as you, William Hague and the media are making out.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jan/17/syrians-support-assad-western-propaganda

"When coverage of an unfolding drama ceases to be fair and turns into a propaganda weapon, inconvenient facts get suppressed. So it is with the results of a recent YouGov Siraj poll on Syria commissioned by The Doha Debates, funded by the Qatar Foundation. Qatar's royal family has taken one of the most hawkish lines against Assad – the emir has just called for Arab troops to intervene – so it was good that The Doha Debates published the poll on its website. The pity is that it was ignored by almost all media outlets in every western country whose government has called for Assad to go."

"The key finding was that while most Arabs outside Syria feel the president should resign, attitudes in the country are different. Some 55% of Syrians want Assad to stay, "

....I bet you'd struggle to find such a percentage that wanted our government to stay in power.

Yes, he's super, just like his dad, and you're quite right, these people are brown so they need dictators or they'll just explode themselves all over which makes a frightful mess. Thank God you turned up at the last minute or we might have thought they were actual people like us!

So all those newsreel shots of artillery shells exploding in densly populated parts of Syrian towns were all faked, the gun ships and fighter planes buzzing overhead were all dropping food and medical supplies?

Not even Hitler turned his weaponry on his own people after the German towns they lived in were taken over and occupied by the allies in the closing months of the war.

I'd bet I would find a very large percentage of people in the UK who wanted the present government to remain in power. Not around Sheffield maybe. With them it's a Labour government or no government... always has been but what else is new?

Anyway when Assad has gone Iran has lost it's key ally in that part of the world. That just has to be a good thing

So all those newsreel shots of artillery shells exploding in densly populated parts of Syrian towns were all faked, the gun ships and fighter planes buzzing overhead were all dropping food and medical supplies?

Not even Hitler turned his weaponry on his own people after the German towns they lived in were taken over and occupied by the allies in the closing months of the war.

I'd bet I would find a very large percentage of people in the UK who wanted the present government to remain in power. Not around Sheffield maybe. With them it's a Labour government or no government... always has been but what else is new?

Anyway when Assad has gone Iran has lost it's key ally in that part of the world. That just has to be a good thing

My Bold=

It would if you are intending to implement a regime change, how convenient would that be?

I consider your opinion that America or for that matter any other first world nation that enjoys a democratic system of government comparable to a place like Syria or ever even getting into a situation like that currently in Syria completely moot and pointless. That's just the stuff of third rate Hollywood doomsday movies. Not worth a word of discussion

Placing a power hungry murderous meglomaniac like Assad on the same level as that of a leader of "any country" was just plain stupidity on the part of vResistance. There arent many leaders like Assad left in the world these days. Leaders that are so determined to hang onto power that they'll be quite willing to kill thousands of their own people and destroy the county's infrastructure wholesale in doing so. Itelligence reports even say that Assad might just be considering the use of chemical weapons against the rebels which was why the US issued him a warning not to even think about it

As for embassies it's been international law since the 19th century that an embassy of any country is regarded as being the territory of that country.

That not only goes for US embassiies but for the embassies of all countries.

If you think that international law regarding embassies is a myth then go on believing that or that Americans have no idea of where Europe is go on believing that also. I dont know how smart the average member of UK society is these days but if many opinions on this forum are any indication of the level of world knowledge and intelligence at present then I'm just plain grief stricken :D

Another indication of the confused and F'd up thinking of vResistance is that while he's damned lucky to be living in a place like the UK he dismisses it as a dictatorship, never has anything good to say about his country yet attempts to make out Assad as not being that bad a leader. Try and make any sense out of that if you can. :loopy:

Ok i`ll bite.

There is no such thing as international law.There are treaties and such but no body or organization that can make international law or be authorised to make it.Certain principles are recognised and those who violate them can expect trouble from other countries of course.

Any sovereign nation has the inherent right to change governments at any time by any methods without other nations having the slightest right to interfere no matter how unpalatable it may be for them.

Any interference is really an act of war.

Embassies are not foreign soil.

The reason for the misconception is probably that the Vienna Convention states that the local government foreswears the right to enter an embassy, and diplomatic immunity protects the diplomats working inside.

They just need the Ambassadors permission to enter.

If someone is murdered in the American embassy in Britain they wouldn`t ship him to America the British police would arrest him and try him under British law after he had been delivered to the door.

That`s why an office building can host a bank on one floor and and an embassy on another.

I`m also glad to see you support the very same people who are killing American soldiers in Afghanistan.

It`s sectarian.The Alawites will not give up and the rest of the population is turning on the FSA which is going against everything the US,UK and Saudi Arabia want.

Syrians realise they do not want sharia law and an Islamic state.

Yes, he's super, just like his dad, and you're quite right, these people are brown so they need dictators or they'll just explode themselves all over which makes a frightful mess. Thank God you turned up at the last minute or we might have thought they were actual people like us!

So brown people are not like us ?

Are the sub human ?

---------- Post added 12-12-2012 at 16:49 ----------

Ok i`ll bite.

Embassies are not foreign soil.

The reason for the misconception is probably that the Vienna Convention states that the local government foreswears the right to enter an embassy, and diplomatic immunity protects the diplomats working inside.

They just need the Ambassadors permission to enter.

If someone is murdered in the American embassy in Britain they wouldn`t ship him to America the British police would arrest him and try him under British law after he had been delivered to the door.

That`s why an office building can host a bank on one floor and and an embassy on another.

I`m also glad to see you support the very same people who are killing American soldiers in Afghanistan.

It`s sectarian.The Alawites will not give up and the rest of the population is turning on the FSA which is going against everything the US,UK and Saudi Arabia want.

Syrians realise they do not want sharia law and an Islamic state.

This is not a sectarian war !

Don't be fooled

Syrian is majority Sunni which means that the national army is majority Sunni .

Yes the awaite ( which are westernised secularists , not s had thing Huh ?) holding thé top brass posts .

Archived