Unemployed too skint for bikes - with free bus pass they can look for work

That is a great idea, I would like to encourage walking at least half an hour a day in some fresh air to boost fitness and energy levels too.

Being isolated is not much fun I would imagine and would give people a sense of dignity and self reliance. I would like to see the scheme carry on for at least 3 months into a persons working life to get them into a routine of using public transport and to ease the strain of the first few months at work when all other benefits are removed.

Isolation can be a real and expensive problem. Anyone unlucky enough to be signing on who lives in the village I grew up in (and where my parents still live) have a 15 mile journey to the job centre. This involves getting a bus to the nearest town for the first five miles, and an onward connection from there. Costs about £8.

Isolation can be a real and expensive problem. Anyone unlucky enough to be signing on who lives in the village I grew up in (and where my parents still live) have a 15 mile journey to the job centre. This involves getting a bus to the nearest town for the first five miles, and an onward connection from there. Costs about £8.

That sounds awful, give me inner city deprivation anyday over rural 'idyll' I spent time somewhere like that as a teenager. Most teenagers I knew who lived in quaint villages took drugs to alleviate the boredom. The city ones did activities instead.

I would like a Brompton(lightweight) folding bicycle to go with my free bus pass.

That sounds awful, give me inner city deprivation anyday over rural 'idyll' I spent time somewhere like that as a teenager. Most teenagers I knew who lived in quaint villages took drugs to alleviate the boredom. The city ones did activities instead.

I would like a Brompton(lightweight) folding bicycle to go with my free bus pass.

Bet mummy took a dim view of your activities with the farmyard Mafia.

Me to, living in our dull racist council estate suburbs or our increasing gentrified BME'd inner cities is far more appealing, but since most whities have lost thier work ethic there is now no purpose for them to live in our inner cities.

You can buy a 2nd hand bike for next to nothing.

Then have it fall to bits and have a nasty accident. Even with a nice bike yor at risk, many cyclists are killed and injured on our dangerous road which are not suitable to be shared by both bicycle and motorised vehicles, (and even pedestrians in some places).

Archived