Unemployed too skint for bikes - with free bus pass they can look for work

Indeed. Actually the benefits system is the governments key tool for calming and controlling the masses. Cathedrals were built to keep the masses occupied to prevent anarchy. In the 21st C we have benefits forms.

Mostly used as an economic tool now and you'll see that whilst it may seem a little absurd it actually functions very well when you know how to play the system ;)

Mostly used as an economic tool now and you'll see that whilst it may seem a little absurd it actually functions very well when you know how to play the system ;)

This is clearly where I am going wrong! I need lessons, fast. Perhaps the benefits system is actually an undisclosed work training scheme, training people surreptitiously in Administration, Citizens Advice, literacy and numeracy. I have clearly had the wrong kind of education, I am not good at it. Did I mention we have a hole in our roof! I also have holes in my clothes- True story. It seems my main skill is chatting on the forum! All this time I should have prepared myself for adulthood with administration skills and legal knowledge. How are some people so good at filling in benefits forms? They should be given good jobs, PA to Senior management, they clearly have skills.

Only for the first 5 interviews by the cheapest means possible and the interview destination must be 30 miles away from home.

Unless you're in a back to work scheme such as A4E. If you're on one of those and have proof of the interview they will refund your travel expenses for that day, but only via the cheapest means. ie if you could have gotten the bus at £6 and you took a £12 taxi, you're only getting £6 back.

Oh and there's no such thing as a cheap bike anymore, scrapmen have nicked them all. :hihi:

People claiming JSA can already claim up to (around) £100 for interview expenses such as buying a suit etc. They can also claim back their bus fair.

But only once. And you have to be friendly with the job centre worker to be offerred it. If you are unemployed for a while, your interview outfit will probably wear out.

Re: bike I clearly need to make friends with the scrapmen, as well as the job centre worker.

But only once. And you have to be friendly with the job centre worker to be offerred it. If you are unemployed for a while, your interview outfit will probably wear out.

Re: bike I clearly need to make friends with the scrapmen, as well as the job centre worker.

Excuses excuses. So you have to be friendly with the people who work in the job centre? How hard is that? They are people too you know and its part of the service they provide.

A suit will not wear out if you go to lost of interviews. That's just an excuse, and a stupid one at that.

Excuses excuses. So you have to be friendly with the people who work in the job centre? How hard is that? They are people too you know and its part of the service they provide.

A suit will not wear out if you go to lost of interviews. That's just an excuse, and a stupid one at that.

Excuse for what?

This is a pass that can be obtained from the job centre. It gives half price rail travel, and in January will give free bus travel.

Conditions are claimant has to have been unemployed for over three months, and less than 12 months.

People on income support, or esa or incapacity benefit qualify as long as they have an advisor trying to find them work. the advisor is meant to tell you all about it, but seems like they don't know about it. If I were you I'd print off the info and show them what you are on about.

Before people start attacking the unemployed remember this scheme is to help them to get to interviews.

This is a pass that can be obtained from the job centre. It gives half price rail travel, and in January will give free bus travel.

Conditions are claimant has to have been unemployed for over three months, and less than 12 months.

People on income support, or esa or incapacity benefit qualify as long as they have an advisor trying to find them work. the advisor is meant to tell you all about it, but seems like they don't know about it. If I were you I'd print off the info and show them what you are on about.

Before people start attacking the unemployed remember this scheme is to help them to get to interviews.

And of course that's what it will be used for! :rolleyes:

Archived