Unemployed too skint for bikes - with free bus pass they can look for work

Before people start attacking the unemployed remember this scheme is to help them to get to interviews.

the unemployed already get help getting to interviews. they can claim back the costs for each interview form the job centre now.

Even if its isn't whats the harm in the unemployed getting on a bus to visit relatives or to get to a park to take a walk or to visit a cheaper supermarket to purchase food?

£11-15 bus fares are a HUGE chunk out of benefit.

Because the taxpayer will be footing the bill, yet again!!

the unemployed already get help getting to interviews. they can claim back the costs for each interview form the job centre now.

Indeed, anything they have to go to the Jobcentre for, unless its signing day, job interviews and hospital appointment travel can all be refunded by the Jobcentre already

Even if its isn't whats the harm in the unemployed getting on a bus to visit relatives or to get to a park to take a walk or to visit a cheaper supermarket to purchase food?

£11-15 bus fares are a HUGE chunk out of benefit.

They're also a huge chunk out of peoples' wages if they are low paid.

But the ticket costs the taxpayer no more whether it is only used for job search activity or otherwise!!!

It costs the tax payer more in general by giving out a ticket, as has already been pointed out there is a system in place for claiming back travel to interviews, why the change?

I wish we (tax payers) got a say in where our money was wasted!!

It costs the tax payer more in general by giving out a ticket, as has already been pointed out there is a system in place for claiming back travel to interviews, why the change?

I wish we (tax payers) got a say in where our money was wasted!!

I can see a very simple issue with regards to claiming back - often unemployed don't have the funds to pay for the journey.

Whilst job hunting many years ago i was found interviews in Leeds,which i attended, i was able to fund it and claim it back at the time but two weeks later in the month i wouldn't have been able to do so.

I can see a very simple issue with regards to claiming back - often unemployed don't have the funds to pay for the journey.

Whilst job hunting many years ago i was found interviews in Leeds,which i attended, i was able to fund it and claim it back at the time but two weeks later in the month i wouldn't have been able to do so.

Don't be so logical Willman - it bothers the ranters.

You are of course so correct.....people seem to forget that some have less than £10 a day for food, energy bills, clothing and travel.

It's actually quite infuriating that all these measures to "help" people find work keep getting implemented. In other countries people don't get a single penny to do anything and they have to learn to be resourceful and find solutions to their problems.

All that's left is for a career's adviser to go with the candidate to the interview and help them answer the questions......

Archived