Sunny morning on the Don

Pkingy

i fish it regularly near where i live. it's guaranteed sport with the trout and grayling. i was going to fish it yesterday but it was carrying extra water and didn't look promising so i fished my local pond instead.

wheres your local pond charliewag ?

I went to the Meadowhall stretch on Sunday and I couldn't deal with the flow and debris, and then to top it off where I was sitting suddenly started flooding!

I had no idea it had rained so much upstream.

I decided to cycle up the 5 weirs walk and scope out potential fishing spots, saw a few, but mostly all of the river along this section isn't fishable, a great waste really! Not that I have any suggestions, cept maybe donning some waders!

herries road, near the five arches.

i used to be a memeber of the 5 arches a good few years ago charlie,i had some decent fish out of it.

---------- Post added 13-12-2012 at 20:32 ----------

waders is a must to fish the don as you can reach spots that you could not get to in just wellies

waders is a must to fish the don as you can reach spots that you could not get to in just wellies

I definitely need to give wading a go, seems a very exciting way to fish (not to mention the access to awesome runs), but literally have no suitable gear at the moment!

Also, I'm a bit scared, judging the depth of the water seems like a daunting task and the current probably makes it easy to loose your footing!

I definitely need to give wading a go, seems a very exciting way to fish (not to mention the access to awesome runs), but literally have no suitable gear at the moment!

Also, I'm a bit scared, judging the depth of the water seems like a daunting task and the current probably makes it easy to loose your footing!

There are a few places where you can fish from the bank such as back of the Wednesday ground and just past the gardeners rest pub at neepsend. I fished it in waders a few weeks ago i thought my toes were going to drop off my feet were that cold even with thermal socks on

I'm going to have to have a crack at the Don as i've never had a Grayling, they look gorgeous fish from the books and mags :thumbsup:

I used to fish the deep narrow run at Stevenson road until the floods, it then became a shallow wide run :(:(

Cheers, Biggsy :)

Archived