Saturday jobs at Banners

jad279

Mr. Cark was that paddy clark, he is one of my friends, he now lives in Handsworth, went to St. Josephs with him and his wife Freda this morning. He is still going strong full of pep, likes to put the world to rights even though he is well into his eightys.

---------- Post added 16-12-2012 at 15:42 ----------

My daughter used to have a saturday @ Banners she worked downstairs in the cigarette kiosk. Her name was Mandy Bell

Wow! thats amazing........ I thought he was known as 'Nobby' Clark. A great bloke. I seem to remember him having a Leeds type accent.

edit: Actually 'Paddy' rings a bell too, Patrick I think

Hi cant remember the mans name but he was youngish with blonde hair ,he thought he was a bit trendy (as we used to say) Jim.

I know exactly who you mean. I think he was a trainee or assistant manager. I think he tended to try and bully the young 'uns a bit.... May have been called Bloor or something similar. Tall and lanky.

Wow! thats amazing........ I thought he was known as 'Nobby' Clark. A great bloke. I seem to remember him having a Leeds type accent.

edit: Actually 'Paddy' rings a bell too, Patrick I think

I know exactly who you mean. I think he was a trainee or assistant manager. I think he tended to try and bully the young 'uns a bit.... May have been called Bloor or something similar. Tall and lanky.

Yes thats the man i remember ,what a pratt ,still i thought it was better than trailing around with newspapers.Jim.:hihi:

Peter R can you remember noddies house they used to have on the second floor The department store was something out of are you being served

Hi raymondo1952, 'fraid I don't remember the noddies house. Maybe it wasn't there when I had my Saturday job in 1960/62.

Yes, I've often compared Banners to the store on 'Are you being served?' Some of the characters were certainly similar :)

Regards, Peter.

Archived