Auction was it real

Hi me and wife went to an auction at Warmsworth near Doncaster on sunday. We went hoping to get a new Laptop as they were advertised in star for £100 start. What a kid on every thing sold had 32percent added on to cover v.a.t. and sellers fees. The auctioneer would not let genuine bidders put a bid and banging hammer down shouting you are to late you have to bid faster. It was like a comedy act. Needless to say we did not get a chance to bid on anything we were not fast enough. :loopy:

Hi me and wife went to an auction at Warmsworth near Doncaster on sunday. We went hoping to get a new Laptop as they were advertised in star for £100 start. What a kid on every thing sold had 32percent added on to cover v.a.t. and sellers fees. The auctioneer would not let genuine bidders put a bid and banging hammer down shouting you are to late you have to bid faster. It was like a comedy act. Needless to say we did not get a chance to bid on anything we were not fast enough. :loopy:

Did you go home with a bin bag full of broken toasters and a battery charger for AAAAA bats? If so, I've had the same deal at Eastgate market in Skeggy. The stained playing cards came in handy though. I used them as draft excluders.

Hi me and wife went to an auction at Warmsworth near Doncaster on sunday. We went hoping to get a new Laptop as they were advertised in star for £100 start. What a kid on every thing sold had 32percent added on to cover v.a.t. and sellers fees. The auctioneer would not let genuine bidders put a bid and banging hammer down shouting you are to late you have to bid faster. It was like a comedy act. Needless to say we did not get a chance to bid on anything we were not fast enough.

It sounds like a 'mock auction'. Running one is a criminal offence.

See the Mock Auctions Act 1961: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Eliz2/9-10/47/contents

Archived