Sofas - Guaranteed Xmas Delivery?

Ordered a sofa in early October - guaranteed xmas delivery.

Online account has updated to tell me I can book my delivery, on 27th, 28th or 29th December.

When they say 'guaranteed' before Xmas, what is the guarantee? Any idea before I ring them and get fobbed off?

Really not happy that they still had adverts 'guaranteeing' xmas delivery last week, and I ordered mine about 8/9 weeks ago!

CSL sofas by the way.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

The trouble is, technically they could leave it until end of play on the 24th. By which time, if it doesn't turn up you're down the river without a paddle!

I'd certainly ring them and point out their little feaux pas....be assertive but not rude...(in the first instance anyway!) :)

Really not happy that they still had adverts 'guaranteeing' xmas delivery last week, and I ordered mine about 8/9 weeks ago!

Just noticed this bit of your post - this would depend on what sofa was ordered. The "guaranteed before Xmas" would only apply to stock items rather than an item you ordered in November which I assume has been made to order? You wont be able to get one of those before Xmas now!

They have bern quoting me December 16th for a couple of weeks now. Will ring them when I get back in

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 14:43 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

Just noticed this bit of your post - this would depend on what sofa was ordered. The "guaranteed before Xmas" would only apply to stock items rather than an item you ordered in November which I assume has been made to order? You wont be able to get one of those before Xmas now!

Oh well they said on the phone that if I got my finance agreement back in to them by the end of October that was the deadline for xmas delivery on that model, it was back to them by about the 12th

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 14:45 ----------

Even a made to order sofa should be made and delivered within 10 weeks surely?

---------- Post added 11-12-2012 at 16:30 ----------

Just rang them, they get it into them on 16th, then it has to get up to Rotherham store, should be 18th and they have squeezed me in for delivery on the 20th (heres hoping!)

Archived